13 Pop Culture Pups That Steal Our Dog-Loving Hearts
Dogs

13 Pop Culture Pups That Steal Our Dog-Loving Hearts Every Time They're On-Screen

In honor of International Dog Day, here are 13 pups we love to see on the big screen.

243

Today is International Dog Day and that means that it's time to appreciate all of the fictional pups we love. And there are a lot of them. After all, who doesn't love it when a dog pops up on their television screen?

Ghost from "Game of Thrones"

Ghost might have been the runt of the litter, but everyone knows the runt always ends up being the cutest.

Chance and Shadow from "Homeward Bound"

How can anyone not love those faces?

Also, Chance and Shadow are two of the most loyal pups you'll find. Do you know how far they traveled to get back to their humans? (If the answer is no, you have a movie to watch.)

Toto from "The Wizard of Oz"

It's OK, Dorothy. We'd wander into a tornado looking for Toto, too.

Champion from "Parks and Recreation"

Was there ever a more perfect dog for April and Andy than Champion? Plus, their choice to adoption pushes viewers to adopt dogs who need it — even if they are handicapped in some way.

Marley from "Marley and Me"

You just can't have a list of pop culture pups without including Marley from "Marley and Me." And even though Marley was a menace, we adored him.

Comet from "Full House"

Admit it. You were almost as happy as the Tanner kids themselves when they decided to keep Comet. And he really did make "Full House" 10 times as fun to watch.

Copper from "The Fox and the Hound"

Copper might be a hound dog, but his loyalty to his friend Todd is the real reason that we love him. Don't pretend you didn't cry at the end of this movie.

Every single dalmation from "101 Dalmations"

Why choose one pup you love, when you can have 101? At least, that was Roger and Anita's mentality, and we're sticking with it.

Slinky Dog from "Toy Story"

True to typical dog fashion, Slinky Dog was Woody's most loyal friend. He was also the voice of reason throughout the "Toy Story" franchise, and most of us found ourselves rooting for him — even when the rest of the characters

Balto from "Balto"

If "Balto" wasn't one of your favorite movies growing up, were you actually a dog lover?

Scooby from "Scooby Doo"

If Scooby didn't have you doubled over with laughter, you clearly weren't watching the right "Scooby Doo."

Courage from "Courage the Cowardly Dog"

Courage is terrified of everything, but we love him anyway (and we loved getting to witness his rare moments of bravery).

Charlie from "All Dogs Go To Heaven"

Because as Whippet Angel put it, "Unlike people, dogs are naturally good and loyal and kind." And when it comes to Charlie, we couldn't agree more.