5 Crafty Gifts For Special Occasions

5 Crafty Gifts For Special Occasions

Make a gift special by adding some of your own work to it!

892

It's always amazing receiving holiday/birthday wishes and gifts when the time comes around, but there are other gifts that can be given rather than a card and money. In fact, some of the most special gifts are those that are made by hand. Regardless of who the gift goes to, there is always something special, no matter how small or big, that can be gifted to someone in your life.

DIY (do it yourself) projects have been a huge trend on the internet, and there are so many different ideas out there on Pinterest, YouTube, etc. Here are some ideas along with some inspiration to get your wheels turning.

1. Homemade card. Making a unique card is much more special because it can be catered to that person, and there are so many directions to go! It can be simple, thoughtful, funny, and just about any style that would best with the occasion. (Need inspiration? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa5pN_3h7ag)
  2. Mason jars. There are a lot of gifts that can be put into mason jars whether that would involve painting, adding candy or food, and so much more. This category has a variety of unique gifts. One idea is writing words or sentences on popsicle sticks and putting them in a mason jar. All you need are wooden popsicle sticks (size may vary), a mason jar, and a permanent marker. The sticks can have meaningful thoughts, compliments, etc. (Need inspiration? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weIiZGQrzlg)
  3. String art. This type of crafty gift is perfect for decoration. The supplies needed would be small, thin nails, a hammer, wood, and string. The idea is to nail down a design on some type of wood and then wrapping the string around and between the nails to bring out the design. There are a lot of tutorials out there that go in depth with the process. (Need inspiration? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYQW43Zqoco)
  4. Shadowbox. These can be very fun and do not require much crafting (depending on what is put inside). A shadow box is a picture frame that allows you to put 3D work on the inside along with 2D items. The crafting comes from putting the box together and organizing it in a way that would fit the specific recipient of the gift. Some ideas include placing fake flowers along the sides of the frame with the photos in the middle, placing mementos all along the inside around the photos, and so much more. (Need inspiration? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQIuPwYTkaw)
  5. Unique cups/mugs. The idea here is essentially grabbing a plain cup/mug and finding ways to decorate it for a specific person. This idea can go in different ways. Some people like to do this by using a water-based marker, nail polish, tape, paint, and more. (Need inspiration? (1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCWkh-CmsIU (2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oJgjoTBSUM)

The next time you are thinking of a gift idea for someone, try making something that requires crafting. The gift immediately has more meaning, and it makes the person feel much more special.

Side note: here is an extensive video on many different DIY projects! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwXxqRBpe9o