Why Coworkers Can Make The Best Friends

8 Reasons Co-Workers Can Make The Best Friends

I ate more meals with them than my family this summer.

232

Coming home from college this past May, I was a little nervous about staying busy. I had a few friends back home, but I knew it wouldn't be anything like college life. We all had different jobs and sometimes it was hard for our schedules to line up- but when they did, you could catch us grabbing food or just hanging out.

This summer I made the decision to be a lifeguard for the fifth summer in a row. Tbh, I was kinda dreading it. In years past, it hadn't been my favorite job to do. However, this summer was different. Before I knew it, I just kind of had this group of friends at the pool I worked at. I probably ate more meals with them this past summer than my family (sorry mom.) In fact, on days that we didn't end up working together, we would all still hang out. So here are some reasons why coworkers make some of the best friends:

1. They can relate to your work struggles.

While being a lifeguard may seem easy, it comes with many struggles, such as sitting in the heat all day, working long hours, and yelling at annoying kids. These are things that all my friends could relate to.

2. You get to hang out with your friends while you work. 

It's nice when you work with friends because then you don't have to work around your schedules to hang out- you can just do it at work!

3. They make going to work fun. 

I actually enjoyed going to work on days that all my friends were working or managing. It definitely made the day go by a lot faster.

4. You always have the work gossip and the latest drama. 

With having all teenagers working at the pool, there was bound to be drama. Luckily, we always knew what was going on.

5. They've got your back at work. 

Whether it was during a save, First Aid, audit, or drama, my coworkers knew I had their back, and they had mine.

6. You can (sometimes) goof around at work. Oops. 

Sometimes it is hard to stay serious all the time while working with your friends.

7. Your group chat can be about work or just for fun. 

You know how they say:

"A girl's group chat with her best friends holds more secrets than the U.S. Government."

...well that goes the same with coworkers.

8. They'll keep you laughing and make sure you have a fun summer. 

Shoutout to my fellow coworkers (TJ, Brendan, Josh, Eric, Ethan, & Marni) for giving me a great summer and keeping me super busy!!