Cousins are the kids of our aunt's and uncles. If you're an only child (like myself) they're often like the siblings you never had. And when they start having kids, there are some thoughts that pass through your head.

Here are a few that I've noticed since my oldest cousin recently had her first baby.

1. "A BABY?"

It's a pretty exciting thinking that there's going to be a baby around the house on holidays.

2. "I AM GOING TO SPOIL THE CHILD."

It doesn't matter if it's a girl or a boy. I am going to spoil them either way.

3. "Wait that means..."

At one point or another you remember how a baby is made and then you cringe because that is your cousin.

4. "How are you going to be a mom? I swear you were just 14."

My cousin is seven years older than me, but I still see her as the 14-year old I always hung out with. It blows my mind to think that she's actually a mom now.

5. "Are you even old enough to have a child?"

Because if you're old enough to have a kid, that means I've grown up. And I still want to be a kid.

6. "Well, I mean there is Teen Mom..."

Though my cousin is no longer a teen, I still remember that there are people who have had children at a younger age than when she had hers.

7. "How old am I going to be when this kid is my age now?"

You do the math. Then you'll figure out how old you'll be when they get married. You do a lot of math figuring out ages.

8. "You're still a kid."

No matter how old you get, there are moments when you look at your cousins and think "you're a child". And then you think about the adult responsibilities we all have, and you wonder where the time went.

9. "You're going to be a good mom."

After you process everything, you realize that your cousin did pretty good with you growing up and that she's going to be a good mom. Then you get really proud.

So, to my older cousin who is now raising her first child, I'm proud of you. I love you and your little family with all my heart. You're a fantastic mom.