People Of Walmart: People Have Actually Lived In Walmart

A homeless couple in Memphis, Tennessee lived in a Walmart attic for two years. What's even weirder is how they were discovered.

7143
Walmart News Now

Most people know Walmart for their cheap prices, controversy, or wacky customer stereotypes. People of Walmart include various viral photographs of customers, as seen below.

However, People of Walmart does not just include strange customers, but strange inhabitants as well. Like this one homeless couple, who lived in a Walmart attic for two years. These particular People of Walmart come from a story about a particular store in Memphis, Tennessee.

Apparently, employees in the break room heard a pounding in the attic above them. What could've been an exploding pipe or rooftop malfunction was instead a homeless couple, having intercourse, in what was their home.

The magic of Walmart is that you can get virtually anything you need there. Food, furniture, health products, school supplies, entertainment, clothes, house goods - Walmart has it all. This homeless couple in their late 40s-50s had access to everything - including the Queen size bed they were caught on. Other stolen goods included a TV, mini-fridge, surround sound system, bedroom set, and a hot plate, which they used to cook meth. All of Walmart's food and drinks were of access to this couple, which is likely what sustained them living in this attic for two years. The couple can be seen below.

Even more interestingly, this isn't the first time someone has tried to live in the magical world of Walmart. Two years ago, a 14-year-old boy in Texas channeled the same genius as the homeless couple. Although he couldn't find an attic, he made forts in the baby products aisle and the toilet paper aisle. Since Walmart has clothes, he changed his to avoid being noticed, and used diapers to avoid bathroom use. He only lasted up to four days, which is still pretty impressive, since my own personal tolerance of Walmart is around four minutes.