10 Best Country Lyrics About Break-Ups

The 10 Best Country Lyrics About Break-Ups, Because 'Some Of God's Greatest Gifts Are Unanswered Prayers'

Yeah, we felt that.

1496

I don't care what anyone says, country music is good for the soul when it has been beaten down. Whether it's a nice sunny day or a sad rainy day, it gives listeners a calm comforting feeling. I love some good trap music, but I don't want to hear gun shots and terrible language every word when I'm trying to mellow my thoughts.

The best thing about country music is that the lyrics are so unbelievably relatable. When I am not in a good mood I love to turn it on, listen to the sad lyrics, and let the music take my mind away from what's going on. Other times I jam to the songs that have lyrics that make me feel strong and feel as though I can overcome anything that comes in my path.

Country songs hit harder because they truly come from the heart and talk about real struggles everyone can relate to. Artists like Drake and Travis Scott are very good and I am no way dissing them, but their lyrics never made me cry and give me a reason to rethink life such as artists like Rascal Flatts and Luke Combs. (You'll notice I used a lot of Luke Combs).

Maybe when you think of the words "country" and "break-up" you think of the way Taylor Swift went insane and switched from country to pop on the down low. Or maybe you think of Carrie Underwood taking a Louisville Slugger to her cheating ex-boyfriend's headlights. Every country artist has made at least one emotional break-up song.

Here are some of my favorite country lyrics about break-ups.

“I picked myself up off the floor and found something worth living for” -She Got The Best of Me, Luke Combs

When our hearts are broken and we feel torn we have to look for the things that we enjoy because life doesn't stop just because you're sad.

“The bravest thing I ever did was love” -Better Man, Little Big Town 

Giving your all to someone and taking a shot on love is so extremely risky.

“I could take you back, but people don’t want to change” -Burning House, Cam

Saying I'm sorry doesn't mean anything if the actions haven't changed.

“It won’t be long 'til I forget to call every time that I’m drinking and you ain’t the love song I can’t keep from singing” -Like I Loved You, Brett Young

Broken love is hard to understand and is definitely hard to walk away from, but once you do it will feel bitter sweet.

“What I thought was death of me was my saving grace” -When It Rains It Pours, Luke Combs

At the beginning of a breakup, it feels like you're dying and you don't know how to do basic things anymore because they were done with a person that is now missing from you. When weeks and months go by, it gets easier and sometimes you even realize that things have become better.

“Fast forward through the pain pushing back when the tears come up.” -Different For Girls, Dierks Bentley

Crying and letting out your emotions in public is totally okay. Concealing them until you get home to break down where no one to see is perfectly fine too. How you grieve is how you grieve, don't let anyone judge you for it.

"I’m going through hell getting over you but it don’t hurt like it used today” -It Don't Hurt Like It Used To, Billy Currington

Again, with time things become better.

"Some of god's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers" -Unanswered Prayers, Garth Brooks

Sometimes we pray for things that aren't right for us. If you've been praying for months for your significant other to change and nothing has happened, I think it's time to start praying for the strength to move on.

“If you’re anything like me you just might be doing whatever it takes to put run the storm, but I’m almost out that door.” -One Number Away, Luke Combs

It is a storm to feel trapped with someone just because you both want to make things work but they continuously show you that they aren't going to.

"No goodbye ain't ever easy. So break it to me hard. if you're over my love girl. Lay it on my heart. Don't try to save me." -Someone Else Calling You Baby, Luke Bryan

Finally, just because you've been together for four years, doesn't mean you can't break up. And breaking up doesn't mean that the love isn't there, it's just faded and not the same kind of love anymore. It's hard to say goodbye after so many memories and so much effort being put in. Just remember the time wasn't wasted.

Also, if you don't feel the same for the person you're with, just tell them. Truth be told it's better to tell them the love has faded than to pretend that it is still there.