Count Your Blessings, Not Your Problems

Count Your Blessings, Not Your Problems

There is so much more to be grateful for than there is to be pissed about.

53
https://pixabay.com/photos/sunrise-dawn-morning-hiker-2624402/
PIxabay

What do you think of when you wake up? How about when you go to bed?

If you're like me, you sit up at night worried about life's problems. The future seems to lure over you like a dark cloud, and you constantly find things to worry about. Whether it's something from the past, present, or future, we always tend to focus on things that we have no control over.

With that comes tons of anxiety and stress.

Life is short when you think about it. It's scary to think about it ending because no one really knows what comes next. Are we here just once or a million times? We'll never know for sure, so we have to live like it's only once. The amount of time we're given on Earth is too short to hold grudges and be hateful.

It's so much easier for us to focus on the negative side of life. Life can be cruel and unfair, but there is a reason behind everything that happens. When it gets hard, think of what life has given you. Odds are you'll realize just how lucky you are to have the life you've been given. In between all the negative, find something that reminds you of the positive sides of life.

Look around you. There is so much more to be grateful for than there is to be pissed about. If it's hard for you to find things to be thankful for, start small. You woke up today. You get another day and another chance to live freely. That's a pretty incredible gift. Count your blessings, not your problems. I promise your blessings will outweigh the latter.

Life has a path for everyone, but sometimes it can be hard to understand why or what that path means. Life is funny in that way. You never really know what tomorrow brings. So, it's your job to live it as kindly as possible.