Why I Could Never Be A Housewife

Why I Could Never Be A Housewife

That lifestyle is just not for me.

449
Why I Could Never Be A Housewife
Flickr

I always grew up believing that a woman’s place was at home, cleaning the house, raising the children, and cooking the meals. The man was supposed to be out working and bringing home the bacon, providing for his family. My mom stayed at home and so did the majority of the women I knew. But from early on, I knew that was never what I wanted to do. I didn’t want to be that housewife that stayed home and baked cookies and had dinner ready for the husband when he came home from work.

My independence and self-reliance are too strong for anything of that sorts, and I knew that I wanted to take care of myself and do anything I wanted to, without being told what to do or where to go. I've always been independent and had very little parental guidance growing up, so it's a concept that I'm familiar with.

Don’t get me wrong, it would be nice to have someone provide for you and take care of all the bills, but I could never sit around and clean the house all day. It’s not in my nature and I’d die from boredom. I was never a stickler for routine and staying in the same place for too long will drive me absolutely bonkers.

I constantly have to keep myself busy, if I don’t I know I would end up in an asylum somewhere. So believe me when I say the job isn’t for me. I don’t have the guts, the talent, the patience, or the courage to watch children and take care of the household on a daily basis. There’s only so much of the same living space I can see regularly without my mental stability becoming unstable.

I have to get out there and make my own money and buy my own things. I have a gypsy soul; I lust for adventure and the experience of something new and fulfilling. Seeing and doing the same thing day in and day out is not what I want to do, and something that I’m incapable of doing. Moving around, relocating, and trying new things is what I’m good at, and actually enjoy doing. I hate been immobile and stuck in a place that I have no freedom to get out of, and it’s not something I’m going to do after I graduate college I refuse to do so.

Taking care of children may be for some people and it may be what they love to do and are good at, but for me, I can’t. Plain and simple. I won't be a stay-at-home housewife.