17 Tweets That Show How Dangerous Coronavirus Really Is

17 Terrifying Coronavirus Tweets For Anyone Who Needs A Wake-Up Call

The "it's pretty much just the flu" statements need to stop.

577

By now, we are all hyper-aware of the coronavirus's impact on our society. As restaurants temporarily close and rumors of worse-case scenarios are whispered across the country, it looks like we're in for at least a month of two or uncertainty. People have stocked their COVID-19 survival kits, committed to social distancing, and begun to accept work from home as a new normal.

While many large cities across the country (most of which are the areas experiencing the majority of virus outbreak) are on the same page about the severity of the coronavirus, there are still groups of people who aren't convinced we're facing intense conditions.

While we all hope for the best outcome in this situation, it's clear that stopping the spread of the virus is a team effort. That means we all need to be on the same page regarding what we're trying to avoid.

1. 

2.

3. 

4.

5. 

See also: 10 Ways You Can, And Should, Deal With Your Coronavirus-Induced Anxiety

6.

7.

8.

9.

10. 

11.

12.

13.

14.

15.

16.

17.