A Coronavirus Domino Effect From The White House Is Inevitable
News

With the president's lackluster efforts and advice, the U.S. may see a second wave sooner rather than later.

18

Whether or not you believe Covid-19, commonly referred to as the coronavirus, is truly a threat to the health of society, the numbers speak for themselves. As of June 24, the death count is 123 thousand people with over two million confirmed cases.

In other news, President Donald Trump may have yet again been exposed to Covid-19 as six staffers working on the Trump rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma have tested positive.

Although there are protocols and testing continuously being done for these staffers, it is also plausible that they could have spread the virus, as the campaign staff may have been asymptomatic.

There is only so much to be done to prevent the spread of Covid-19, yet there are measures to assure the best possible scenario when considering the health of our citizens, and the government has been failing to uphold their end.

No Covid-19 positive staffers or anyone in immediate contact were at the rally or near elected officials the day of June 20, but once again, risking the spread of the virus is an ill-advised move, regardless of the Trump campaign aiming to gain popularity with these rallies.

Oklahoma is rising in infection rates with a total of 2,206 confirmed cases on the day of the rally. Public gatherings just chance more cases to come light, which contradicts the government's ordinance on limiting the exposure of the virus.

This isn't the first time Trump was exposed to the virus, dating back to March when he met with Brazilian president Jair Bolsonaro. Considering multiple people working under Trump have been infected, in addition to his own exposure, recommending people to "do what they want" and offer a lack of leadership and instruction may just be the cause for a domino effect leading to the second wave of Covid-19.

Furthermore, during his latest campaign rally at Oklahoma, Trump stated that the testing for Covid-19 should be slowed down. Claiming, "when you do tests to that extent, you're going to find more cases."

A recent statement was released and Trump states, "I don't kid," in regard to slowing coronavirus testing. Slowing testing will not aid community health, and by not reporting the number of cases on a regular and updated basis, this misinformation could very well be the reason this virus can be spread at exponential rates.

There comes a point where the government and elected officials need to be held accountable for their choices, and a lack of leadership during these trying times is not what will bring this country to a state of normalcy.