CoolSculpting For Fat Reduction

CoolSculpting For Fat Reduction

CoolSculpting is a new FDA approved way of trimming down your waistline.

22
Happy friends

A Non Surgical Tool To Eliminate Your Double Chin

Double chins are common pouches of fat that can be found on anyone. Whether your body fat percentage is high or low, genetically predisposed, or tend to store more fat around your face, if you have a double chin, it can be incredibly difficult to get rid of. You may remember those infomercials about a little chin workout tool to strengthen the muscles and eliminate fat. Just in case you were going to buy this — don't waste your time. It does not work. The reality is that double chins are either pouches of fat that can only be eliminated through actual fat loss, loose skin that can only be eliminated with a face lift or tightening procedure, or a combination of both. The problem is that for some people, no matter how much fat they lose, the double chin never seems to go away. If you are one of these people (or simply want to get rid of your double chin) keep reading.

Aside from clean eating and exercise, there are several treatments that can eliminate unwanted fat. Some are surgical, and some are completely non invasive. The first treatment that comes to mind to eliminate fat will likely be liposuction. Liposuction is a surgical procedure invented in 1974 by Dr. Giorgio Fischer, that involves anesthesia, an incision around the targeted area, and the suction of fat from that area. It sounds like a dream come true, to just be able to get your fat sucked out and permanently eliminated, but keep in mind, that liposuction is after all an invasive surgical procedure that requires hospital visits and up to six weeks of recovery time. While it is effective, especially for those of us who have a higher body fat percentage, it can be risky. Some possible risks and side effects include, and are not limited to, bumpy and uneven skin due to unusual healing and low skin elasticity, fluid accumulation and swelling, infection, internal puncture and bruising, kidney and heart problems, lidocaine toxicity, and the most serious side effect, fat embolism. Fat embolism is when fat goes into a blood vessel or vein and limits blood flow. While it can be treated, there is a 5% — 15% fatality rate.

On the other side of the spectrum, there is a 100% non invasive alternative that will permanently eliminate fat in unwanted areas. The treatment is called CoolSculping. CoolSculpting is the brand name for the medical term cryolipolysis, cryo, meaning cold, lipo, meaning fat, and lysis, meaning dissolution or loosening. It sounds too good to be true to just freeze away your fat, but according to statistics, it seems like CoolSculpting is becoming increasingly popular and has amazing CoolSculpting before and after photos. So how does it work?

CoolSculpting can be administered on several areas of the body including the upper abdomen, lower abdomen, love handles, upper back, lower back, arms, banana rolls, chin, and thighs. There are several sizes of applicators that will fit any area from small to large. The applicator is placed on the area of concern over a protective membrane to protect the skin. When turned on, the machine works like a vacuum and sucks in the fat in the treatment area. It then freezes the fat over the course of 35 minutes, which is then metabolized by the body over the course of one to two months. Depending on the size of the treatment area and number of applicators the entire duration of the session can last up to a few hours. This site provides extensive information on Coolsculpting technology as well as commonly asked questions about different ways it can be used to achieve most optimal results.

There are almost no reported risks or side effects for CoolSculpting, other than possible bruising, swelling, and numbness, which can last a few weeks. Some people end up getting two to three treatments, depending on how much fat they have and how well they respond to the treatment. It is important to consult with your physician to make sure that it is the appropriate treatment for you and to confirm how many sessions you may need to get your desired results. CoolSculpting is widely available in New York and is priced by applicator size and number of applicators. Another popular procedure that is often paired with CoolSculpting is CoolTone, which uses electromagnetic technology to send pulses to the muscle, causing involuntary muscle contractions. The procedure is often administered on the abdomen, glutes, and thighs, and essentially gives you the same type of result you would get from a workout. Typically people get four to six sessions for optimal results, but it is different for everyone. There is no downtime and the only possible side effect is muscle soreness, much like the soreness you would experience after a workout. CoolSculpting and CoolTone are two great options to eliminate small pouches of unwanted fat and give you muscle definition to add on to your regular workout regimen, or to give you a kickstart on your fitness journey. It is important to speak with a specialist to establish the proper treatment plan for you and to confirm that you are a good candidate for the procedures.

While there are many other procedures to get rid of unwanted fat, CoolSculpting is by far the least invasive option if you are trying to stay away from an actual surgery. The results are just as effective and you always have the benefit of being able to carry on with your day right after the procedure.