Conversation Starters Everyone Has Used With Their Uber Drivers

I Uber, You Uber, He/She/We Uber

1035

You’ve done it before, it’s 3 a.m. and you call an Uber (the most brilliant concept someone has come up with in this day and age). He/she picks you up with your friends and you head to your next destination. We have all had that driver that only says “hello” when you stumble in, and “have a good night” when you and your friends pile out of the car, but when we’ve been having a good time, we don’t want the party to end when we leave the actual party. We bombard them with questions, even if they are getting tired in the early hours of the morning and have had to deal with other people all night. Here’s a list of questions everyone has used while they have been driven by their Uber.

1. The classic “So where are you from?” You might find out you are from the same area as your driver, or even better you might find out they are from a completely different, exotic country. Ask them about the area they’re from, you might learn something new.
  2. You start DJing a bunch of throwback songs. Nothing gets a group of people going like “Hollaback Girl”, it’s a bananas (B-A-N-A-N-A-S).
  3. You ask for their craziest college story. That guy that looks like he would’ve been the biggest bump on a log in college? Yeah, he started his own fraternity on his campus and was also on a national championship football team. He also holds the (unofficial) record for longest keg stand at his university.
  4. Pop culture debates. Who wore it better, is the dress black and blue or gold and white, who killed Tupac? You know, pointless questions that entertain you in your 8 minute car ride.
  5. You ask what they do when they are not driving people around. One time I learned my Uber driver was writing a book on how her fiancé cheated on her with her own sister. Needless to say, I will be purchasing said novel.
  6. You ask about what is the craziest thing that has happened in their car while they were driving people. He definitely remembers when the couple he drove a month ago broke up in the back of his car when they couldn't recall a single thing that happened that night.
  7. Do you come here often? No, we’re not trying to hit on you, just asking if you picked up my friends who left an hour ago.
  8. You ask them if anyone has puked in their car. The few, the proud, the people that have never had to clean vomit out of the leather seats in their Honda Civic are the drivers we trust.