Know What Can Happen

Know What Can Happen

What Are the Consequences of a Denied Social Security Claim?

648
Know What Can Happen

A denied Social Security claim can feel like a kick when you’re already down. While you may have been hoping the claim would go through for your own security, there are many consequences that come from one being denied.

You Lose Money

If you’re not getting the social security money you’re entitled to, you might not have enough money to make ends meet. Too often, people who file a Social Security claim don’t have any other way to make money. If you’re unable to make ends meet, Social Security could have been your solution.

Your Attorneys Must Work Harder

If you have disability lawyers, they will need to work harder on your case. Doing an appeal is much different from the initial claim so keep that in mind when you receive the denial for your claim. Always show your attorney right away to figure out what you’re going to do with it. The faster your lawyers act, the quicker you’ll be able to make an appeal. As long as you do things in a timely manner, you stand a better chance of getting the money you’re entitled to.

You Might Not Be Getting the Healthcare You Need

If you are spending all your money supporting yourself and don’t have the money coming in from Social Security, you could be missing out on valuable medical care. The medical care is costly and can really add up depending on your health issues. If you get a Social Security denial, it just creates one more problem that you need to deal with. A Social Security claim that’s accepted may also entitle you to state or federal benefits that could help you pay for your medical care.

You Could Be Under Stress

Among other things, the simple act of getting a denial is a stressful event. The more stressed out you are, the worse your health will be. Even though it’s really easy to stress out with a Social Security claim denial, try to remain calm. Your lawyers will help you with different ways to appeal and you’ll soon be able to get a solution.

Because Social Security claims can be so difficult for so many people, it’s important that you prepare for everything that comes with the claims. Having a great attorney is the best thing you can do to help yourself through the difficult process of filing a claim, having it denied and appealing the case.