You Must Conquer The Bad To Reach The Good

"Just because it's stormy now doesn't mean you aren't headed for sunshine."

39

"You have to live through the bad days to get to the good ones."

Sometimes we feel as though we hit a wall or a dead end. We may feel as if we don't know our true purpose or we may feel as if walk through our daily lives in a mediocre way. There's nothing wrong with that. We all hit that wall and get stuck at that dead end, but that doesn't mean we should give up or accept that anything is over; it just means to keep trying and to move on from what is holding us back.

Once you've suffered the bad, took the pain and ran with it as best as you could, time will help to heal and good things will come. You can't appreciate the good without experiencing the bad, or else we wouldn't truly know how amazing the good really is. This comparison between good and bad is crucial, no matter how much it may hurt sometimes. Through loses, heartbreak, deaths, traumas, arguments, tears, and much more, that dead end that I was referring to before may be reached and we may not know how to move forward when it looks like nothing better is ahead. However, there is good ahead and the only way to discover what it could be is to take your experiences and to move forward with them.

It doesn't mean you need to hold onto the bad experiences, talk about them, or drag them with you everywhere you go; it simply means to remember what you've been through, remember where you came from, learn from those experiences, understand your strength, and go from there. Baby steps are key. Once you've begun to move forward, the bad will pass. Some pain may remain depending on the severity of the situation, but it will be more bearable. Good things will come. Good things are waiting to be experienced, but they can't be discovered when we are stuck at that dead end. The only way to discover the good is to move through the bad. It's always worth it; there's always something good out there for everyone.

There is something, someone, an experience, or an adventure that is waiting for you and it can't join your life if you're stuck dwelling on pain, loses, and hurtful memories. Use the pain to show your strength and discover the good waiting ahead of you. Trust me, it's worth it. There's a breath of fresh air waiting for you; go find it.

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that'll ever happen to us."

"Don't forget that you're human. It's OK to have a meltdown. Just don't unpack and live there. Cry if out and then refocus on where you are headed."

"What I've learned from life is that for every inch of sadness lies a foot of happiness ahead. I've learned that the simplest of times brings the grandest of pleasures and the hardest goodbyes often lead to the best hellos. I've learned that crazy changes guide us to unexpected discoveries and that tough times unveil the sincerity of people. I've learned that you have to hold onto your smile everyday and free yourself of things that make you frown."