Confidence... It's Just A Word?

Confidence... It's Just A Word?

10 Letters That Mean So Much

93
Confidence... It's Just A Word?
Pixabay.com

What does the word confidence mean to you? Why does the word hold so much weight?

Because when you think about it….it does. These ten lettered words seems to have been magnified and held very high in our worldview. But what does it truly mean? And with this also in mind how would you even begin to measure it? Can it be measured?

I don’t know…maybe I’m overthinking it. But this word, confidence, shape the paths of our lives starting from a young age. It effects how we interact with others, the attachment we form with others and the dreams that we set for ourselves. But, most importantly it shapes how we see ourselves.

Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary defines confidences as the “feeling or consciousness of one’s powers or reliance of one’s circumstances”.That’s an official definition…but what about yours? Or better yet maybe take a look at what instills that word to you? What do you think of when you hear the word confident?

Maybe you think of how you excel at a certain skill or talent. This is our definition of confidence and we should own it. Let it inspire you and drive you to follow your dreams. Let it inspire you to stay true to yourself.

As Michelle Obama said “Through my education, I didn’t just develop skills, I didn’t just develop the ability to learn, but I developed confidence”.