Confessions Of An Overpacker

Confessions Of An Overpacker

I have a confession to make.

72
Confessions Of An Overpacker
https://www.everypixel.com/search?q=suitcase&stocks_type=free&image_id=329907570564952081

My confession is that...I am an over-packer. I don't know how many people can agree with me on when I say that, I always overpack. No matter the occasion. I would like to say that I have gotten better, but I would be lying. I always overpack because who knows what I'm going to want to wear when on a trip? I'm not the type of person who can plan outfits and then just pack those outfits.

I'm scared that I'll change my mind when on the trip and say to myself, "Why did I pack this?" I always like to have more than less, which can be a good or bad thing. The good thing is that you'll have clothes people can borrow. The bad thing is that you spent way too much time packing and put way too much thought into it and having way too many clothes in a suitcase. I usually also procrastinate packing until the night before. I can spend hours packing because I just want to pick the right clothes! Since I usually try to travel with a carry on bag, I'm limited on space. My clothes take up my whole carry on. Packing shoes is not so terrible. I like to pack shoes that can go with about any outfit, and shoes that take up less space so I can fit more clothes. the only problem is, I like to make sure the shoes go with the outfits before I pack them.

This means I spend even more time on packing! Not to even talk about that, the worst about overpacking is that when you get back from a trip, the laundry! Since you overpack, you have A LOT of laundry to do. I tend to also sometimes procrastinate with this part.

Maybe one day, I'll get better at this thing.