Celibate College Student

6 Confessions Of The Celibate Christian Girl In College

I'm still a human, I just love Jesus.

8611
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb2e_E-Hht5zoyCPBvqeHTMT91WxQwNcv34Iyg0/?taken-by=thejaniyawinchester

Do you endure a lot of persecution as a Christian but remember when you decided you wanted to "be like Christ"?

Didn't Christ suffer persecution? Didn't he suffer people talking about him, betraying him, determined to misunderstand him, and hate him?

What we go through as Christians is empty compared to what Jesus Christ went through but I wouldn't be surprised if you went through anything like this as a Christian. The amazing part about it all is that God has already overcome the world and has a plan for it all. Please take all of these things into consideration the next time you see your Christian friends.

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)

Here are a few confessions I have as a Christian in college.

Confession #1. I am not a special person by any means.

Janiya Winchester

So that's me on my 20th birthday.

One very annoying part about being a Christian would be the standard of perfection that people try to place upon you.

I think that it's completely unfair to put that kind of pressure on people because it's a standard we can never meet. Following God and BEING God are so far from the same thing.

I do love Jesus but I have the same access to Christ as anyone else. The things he shows me and our relationship is not something I earned by works, might, or power. I have access to him by faith and because I believe in who he is. Yes, this makes me a believer. Yes, I am saved by Christ and I accept him in my heart as my personal savior. This does not make me special but it does make me his. You have the opportunity to do the same.

Confession #2. I have a normal sex drive.

lol do you get it? because he's frustra-.. no? okay

You would be surprised the amount and THE TYPE of questions I get about sex, porn, and masturbation when someone finds out I'm celibate. I literally get asked questions as if I'm not human.

But, I am human and I have a normal sex drive. I have a natural desire for sex just like anyone else. Celibacy doesn't mean that you don't want have sex. Celibacy means that you're waiting until you're married to have sex.

With being celibate, God has taught me to pay attention to a lot of things involving sex drive, triggers, and my convictions. These are important elements for creating your boundaries. But like I said before, I am human and let me warn you now that just because you have boundaries doesn't mean that you won't deal with temptation. My boundaries really represent my defense for what I value and my defense against temptation.

Confession #3. I do not spend my day thinking about the sexual morality of others.

Frankly... idrc ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I completely understand that if you go into Facebook groups or that if you go into certain churches that people will condemn you left and right for fornication. Let me apologize for people condemning and judging you if you have experienced this.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged.For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye. (Matthew 7:1-5).

Please stop asking me for judgment when it's not my job to judge. That's God's job and it's completely unfair to try to place that standard on me that's impossible for me to keep and uphold.

Once again, my convictions have nothing to do with yours.

I see sin the way The word of God tells me to and I see love the way the Word of God tells me to. This means as God's daughter that I love how and who God tells me to love. This means that I'm just as human as you are and I'm not any more or less Christian or special because I'm celibate and you may not be.

What God has shown me about love is that he loves me regardless of when I disappointment, go back on my word, lie, hide from him, and more so who am I to not treat you with the same love and claim that I follow Christ? I could be wrong and I'm willing to be wrong but I feel like that's what he told me.

Confession #4. This is not a challenge for you to see "how serious I am" about my celibacy or not.

Lol I said what I said

@ Guys: This is very disrespectful.

When someone has decided to make this decision out of their love for God, it's very disrespectful when you make it about you. I'm aware that everyone isn't taught these things but just remember that the next time you find yourself interested in someone who has decided to wait.

If you are pursuing someone who's celibate in hopes to change their mind, please be respectful and leave them alone.

Confession #5. You can still have your own celibacy journey if you have had sex before!?

lol Yes.

I guess I could understand why people might have thought this. I wish that there were more "How To's" about this given when I was younger. I was told by a lot of older people to "wait" but I didn't get a real break down of why I should so their arguments weren't as persuasive as some friends I had about why I shouldn't wait.

After having my own experiences of what a relationship was like and some "situationships", I ended up waiting.

You can still pursue celibacy even if you have had sex, it's up to you.

Confession #6. I didn't choose to be celibate when my Mother recommended it

My mother always encouraged me to wait and I appreciate what she was trying to do but when I was younger I had other plans.

If I'm being honest, I don't think that I really understood why I should wait. The older people in my life that were encouraging this really didn't break down to me what all of this was about so naturally, I think my friend's arguments were stronger as to why I shouldn't wait.

I ended up waiting but I went through some struggles in relationships that helped me figure out why I wanted to make this decision. I think the more rooted I grow in Christ, the harder it is to want to leave what he promised me.

One day I was really looking over my past relationship experiences and I think that's when God really tricked me into this.