Confessions Of A Foodaholic

Confessions Of A Foodaholic

How to properly pair foods

33
Confessions Of A Foodaholic
Dominiopessoal

Until this day I can still hear my best friend telling me, "Felicia, you pair your food like you pair your outfits," which makes sense since I take a lot of pride in both. Personally, I love fashion, and alongside that, I love food. Now I'm not the average teenage food junkie that is obsessed with chips, easy snacks, and pigging out on processed items. In fact, I am all about real food, meaning meals that you actually have to prepare yourself... no matter how basic they are. So if you're on a budget and you simply want an easy lunch to pack or a quick breakfast that tastes a lot more intricate than it is, then you're in luck. I personally do not have a lot of experience cooking, but I have a lot tricks under my sleeves that work for the not-so savvy cook at home, specifically students.

1. Avocado and Eggs

Alright, so this recipe is super simple, but it does require more cooking than most breakfast meals. First, start off by dicing up some onions and put them in a pan with olive oil so that they can cook. Make sure the heat is on medium. While these are on the stove, cut cherry tomatoes and either green or red peppers (whatever you have), and throw them into the pan with the onions. While these veggies are simmering, cut open an avocado and smash it up onto a plate. You can add salt if you would like (I sometimes do, but again, it's all up to you). Once the mixed vegetables are done in the pan, pour them over the smashed up avocado on the plate. Finally, the last step is to take either one or two eggs and fry them in a pan with your choice of cheese and ham. Let this fry until it reaches over-easy, which is my personal preference. Then slide the egg on top of the avocado and vegetables and you have your breakfast. Add a piece or two of toast and enjoy!

2. Overnight Oats

Okay, okay... this breakfast is rather basic. But honestly, it has saved me so many times in college and even high-school because it is simple and delicious. Take a container, or mason jar, and fill it with plain Quaker oats (from the tin) and pour in some almond milk. To sweeten it up add anything from brown sugar to honey, and lastly, cinnamon for a little spice. Mix the ingredients and place the container into your fridge before you go to bed. When you wake up in the morning add whatever fruits you prefer and you have a simple, yet filling breakfast. Just some suggestions though: banana's, grapes, strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries taste exceptional in overnight oats.

3. Yogurt and Oats

For this breakfast item, take Greek Yogurt and mix it with honey and cinnamon. You can then add some Quaker oats from the tin and mix all of it. Finally, put whatever fruit that you want into it and mix it. I love having this recipe with banana's, grapes, strawberries, and apples. It really all depends on your preference. But other than that, this simple breakfast takes literally five to 10 minutes to make and tastes amazing.

4. Rice and cheese wrap

So if you like wraps, you are in the perfect place. After a long day of surfing and a good run, this was my absolute go-to dinner. First, take left-over rice from the fridge and mix it with shredded cheddar cheese and already cooked chicken it you have it. This will then go to the microwave for about one minute. While this heats up, cut up some cherry tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, and whatever other vegetables you want. Once you are finished cutting and the mixture of rice is done in the microwave, put it all on a tortilla wrap, and then put some hot sauce over it (if you want to). With that being said, you're basically done, and in reality you've just made an awesome and filling meal.

5. Apples and cinnamon

For a quick and easy snack, slice up some apples and pour honey over them. Then sprinkle some cinnamon on top and there you have it! A perfectly fun and tasty snack.

Overall, I have a lot of recipes and mixtures that I could give you, but that would take way too long. But as a college student, I have noticed that these simple meals are perfect for waking up early and a very busy schedule. Try them out and see if you like them... which is very probable. Enjoy!