Some Concerns About Trump Possibly Being Our Next President

A couple of years ago, if you told me that Donald Trump would be running for president, I would have told you that you are crazy. Many people only knew of him for being on The Apprentice saying, “You’re fired.” I never thought much of him, he was just a rich man with a television show that most people could care less about. Now, when I hear his name, I cringe, along with many other people in our country.

We have learned a lot about Trump during his presidential campaign. We've seen the most vulgar and inappropriate sides of him. Even though he has always been the same, terrible person, it is only recently that attention is being drawn to it. He is constantly talking down about women, Mexicans, and Muslims. He insults anyone that he comes across, from journalists to celebrities. Our country is diverse and colorful, so how can we allow someone that is obviously a racist and sexist to be our president? Is that the kind of man that should be the President of the United States?

At first, I wasn’t too worried about what would happen if Trump became president, because I didn’t think it would be possible. Well, what seemed impossible is now starting to feel very real. Every day I see more and more Trump signs on lawns throughout the neighborhood. I am now very concerned about the future of our country. By now, most people have seen Stephen Colbert’s All-Trump Debate. If that video didn’t make the Trump supporters second guess themselves about who this man really is, I don’t know what will.

Even though Trump claims to “Make America Great Again,” he offers no reasonable solutions to any problems. Building a wall along the Mexican border and making Mexico pay for it does not seem like the best answer to create more jobs. How could you trust someone to run our country who can’t even make up their mind? He is constantly contradicting his own words, even on major topics like abortion and marriage equality. One does not change their strong opinions about these subjects overnight. Sorry Mr. Trump, but you are either pro-life or pro-choice, not whichever you feel like being when you wake up in the morning.

People are even comparing what the future of our country would look like if Trump were President to The Hunger Games. Worse case scenario, we leave the country. I've heard Canada is pretty nice.

If I were to take the Trump way of approaching these situations, I would just tell everyone about how he is a disgusting, highly offensive, badly spray-tanned asshole. But, I would never allow myself to be that person.

Some people might be rooting for Bernie, and others for Hillary, but most of us can agree that we want anyone but Trump.