My Concerns About The DC Extended Cinematic Universe

With "Wonder Woman" coming out soon, how will the DCEU future look?
9

After a dinner conversation with my parents, I thought it would be interesting to talk about the current position of the DC Extended Universe (DCEU) since "Wonder Woman" (PRAISE!) will be coming out soon. Overall, I think the DCCU is setting itself up for mediocre responses to most of their films, and below are a couple reasons why:

Their recent movies set a meh to bad precedent.

Some people more or less liked "Suicide Squad" and most people did not like "Batman v Superman" (BvS). Everyone has their own opinion at the same time (e.g. my mom liked BvS). But overall, the movies did not perform as well as predicted commercially and critically as expected, which makes audiences apprehensive about the future movies. Now, I actually have hope for "Wonder Woman" because it's her first live-action film ever (so it better be great!) and it seems like there was not a lot of scandal or development hell going on. Still, never trust a trailer folks!

Their upcoming movies are out of order.

Their upcoming movies are out of order. They have "Justice League" coming out after... "Wonder Woman" sometime this year. Okay, I somewhat understand doing Wonder Woman's origin movie after "BvS" since it keeps people interested and curious about what she is about, but for the rest of the "League" cast it doesn't make sense.

Pardon my sassiness, but how does one release the ensemble movie (e.g. The Avengers) way before other members' stand-alone movies? Batfleck isn't even going to get his movie until 2019! And Flash's movie isn't coming until 2020? You do the origin stories first before the ensemble movie to establish the characters, and the audience can understand or invest in them. I'm not sure how the script is going to be written for "League," but they're going to have to do some character development a lot in that movie before anything moves forward.

They are not as diverse as Marvel.

Also, Marvel not only has, what I like to call, their "mainstream heroes" running (e.g. Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, etc.) but they have movies centered on characters from other aspects of the Marvel universe: Deadpool, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, Black Panther, X-Men (and all their installments).

So many cool characters like Hawk Girl, Robin/Nightwing, The Red Hood, Black Canary, and Martian Manhunter could hit it off well on the big screen if they gave them a chance instead of focusing on the staples. They make money, but Marvel shows the other characters can, too. At least there will be a "Teen Titans" movie.