Comparing Yourself To Others Only Hinders Your Success

63

When God looks down from Heaven and looks at his children he sees the blood of his precious son Jesus. What I find very interesting is that many believers don't see themselves the way God sees them. While attending bible school at Dr. Rodney Howard Browne's ministry in Tampa, Florida I have come to a very interesting realization. When you compare yourself with another believer you are hiding behind a wall called an identity crisis. In America we are automatically trained to think of competition. We grow up in sports, musical arts, fashion, singing and the list goes on. Its almost as if we cannot function property without trying to out play someone. As believers in Jesus we must renew our minds to the fact that in scripture God shows no favoritism to any person. (Romans 2:11)

In the body of Christ so many people are busy comparing Joel Osteen to TD Jakes and Creflo Dollar to Kenneth Copeland. At the end of the day God doesn't view them any different than little Johnny that got saved yesterday. Its clear in scripture where Paul said "For we dare not make ourselves of the number or, compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they by measuring themselves by themselves and comparing themselves among themselves, are foolish. (2 Corinthians 10:12)

It is very easy to get into a mentality of trying to always be better than another person or prove something that is totally unnecessary to prove. We often times find ourselves so caught up in the functions of ministry that we lose the very sight of the one who created it. What I feel the Lord is saying is simply this " I am after your heart nothing more, nothing less". He died to have a relationship with you.

In Him we are firmly secure

If you find yourself working to get to God by your works or comparing yourself to other believers or ministries rest assured that all that will not get you closer to God. Just take a deep breath, take a step back and simply realize that Jesus loves you for who you are. Just be yourself, he created you an original. There will never be another you ever again. You are a son and daughter of God. Freedom is looking you right in the face. Its up to you to take it. 1 John 3:1-2 "Behold, what manner of love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God.. Behold we are now sons..".

I want to leave you with this thought

On earth do you have to work hard and compare yourself with your brothers and sisters to be your earthly fathers son or daughter? Absolutely not! You are born into the family and have the same blood line as your earthly Father making you a son or daughter to your father on earth. Jesus shed his blood so you can enter into the family of God! Welcome to the blood line! We are all family so its time to start acting like it!

Christopher S. Zehner