6 Common College Majors As Described By Urban Dictionary

"College Student - A machine that turns coffee into essays, charts, and various equations depending on its major." - Urban Dictionary

161
Main Street Digest

Urban Dictionary; a dictionary of common slang terms that also defines non-slang terms in, I guess, unique ways. I was procrastinating by looking up random words on the website, and I decided to see how the site defined different college majors.

1. Biology Major

"A major in nearly every college or university that was designed to ruin lives."

2. Physics Major

"The closest one can get to being a math major without actually being a math major. Holds the distinction of being the only Bachelor of Science degree someone could actually get without ever answering one question completely right."

3. Math Major

"Generalized term for anyone exceptionally intelligent. Often used with a heavy dose of sarcasm, especially in situations involving mental calculations of any kind."

4. Psychology Major

"Someone who thinks they know everything about you 20 seconds after meeting you"

5. Art Major

"One who goes to college for 4 years and gets a job in a museum gift shop. Sleeps in until noon...owes me 8 bucks."

6. English Major

"English is arguably the most difficult college major in the Humanities. This is largely due to the fact that being an English major encompasses the study of several other fields, including, but not limited to philosophy, psychology, history, sociology, law, and political science. English majors read and write far more than any other major, and often suffer from severe caffeine addiction (or worse), insomnia, and manic depression."