The Art Of Commitment

The Art Of Commitment

Because everyone needs some help with commitment.

13
The Art Of Commitment

com·mit·ment /noun: the state or quality of being dedicated to a cause, activity, etc.

If you're anything like me relationships have never been your forte, you back out at the last minute, change plans, or just ghost them. Recently the world of relationships has opened up in my life, but I'm terrified to walk through that door. I know once I do there is no going back. I have no idea what I'm doing. It feels as if I were put into a car and immediately forgot how to drive.

Commitment is the scariest part. You give yourself to someone willingly, letting them see who you truly are. It's a different type of vulnerability. The funny thing is everyone does it. Willingly or not we all have people in our life that we love and trust with everything.

It's different when you have romantic feelings for someone. You may think well what if they don't like me? What if I'm not what they want? The solution is an obvious one if someone doesn't love you for who you are, they aren't worth your time. Now I'm not saying that everyone is going to love you but you need to find the people who make you feel loved and understood.

There are two things in commitment that you should remember. One would be to get out of your own head. Things aren't going to progress or happen until you step out of your comfort zone and shoot your shot. Doing this in any situation expands your experiences and can teach you great life lessons. This one can be difficult though, it can get hard to push yourself out of your comfort zone. Sometimes all you need is someone by your side. All you have to do is make the jump.

The second rule you need to remember would be to be true to who you are. What's the point if you pretend to be someone that you're not just to get them to like you. That doesn't allow for any relationship to grow. You will always have these walls built up. Don't change your personality, or what you look like to make someone happy. You are beautiful because you are you.

If you are like me and get terrified of hurting someone because you don't know what you want. Take it slow, learn the person first and really decide if they are worth your time. It's not the end of the world if you realize that one person is not meant for you. Remember that only you know what you want and like and even if you don't, allow yourself time to decide what you want. And that is the art of commitment.