Coming out videos to watch this June

15 Coming Out Videos to Watch This Pride Month

These videos matter so much to me and millions of others in the LGBTQIA+ community.

244

Well, it's June which means it's my favorite month of the year... PRIDE MONTH! Over the last several years of me struggling with my sexuality and watching videos like these have helped every step of the way.

1. "Basically I'm Gay" by Daniel Howell 

Seeing Dan upload this video last week was actually what made me want to write this article. I have been a viewer of Dan's for almost a decade and have been so proud of him time and time again but never have felt as proud of him as I did watching this video. This 45-minute beautiful video is full of such a raw and vulnerable side of Dan as well as his usual ability to make things light-hearted. This video is going to help millions of people and I can not wait to watch as Dan's story continues to unfold.

2. "Something I Want You To Know (Coming Out)" by Ingrid Nilsen

This was the first Youtuber I watched that I saw come out as gay and it was something so monumental for me. Ingrid was so emotional during this video and you could tell how much it had affected her that she hadn't yet shared this information with her online audience. I personally had friends that came out because of this video and that is so powerful.

3. "Coming Out" by Connor Franta

I spent four years of my life as a fan account on twitter for Connor so this video is the one that i would say impacted me the most. It saddened me so much to see that someone I loved so much was hurting so much and was so scared of sharing this part of his life, but I am so happy he did. Connor coming out was so celebrated on the internet and it made me so happy seeing everyone come together to shower this incredible human with love.

4. "Coming Out"  by Bobby Burns

I am Bisexual. I have known that since I was young however I just came out about two years ago to everyone offline in my life. Being Bisexual, I have found less than the ideal amount of representation in media so seeing this video was so necessary. I have nothing but all the love and respect and appreciation in the world for Bobby.

5. "YES I'M GAY" by Joey Graceffa

This video was one that completely filled me with joy. Joey is someone that has radiated positivity his whole time on the platform and that has always made me be drawn to him.

6. "I'm Bisexual" by Shane Dawson

Much like Bobby's video earlier this was one of the very few videos I saw of someone talking about being bisexual and it helped me immensely. Shane was the first Youtuber I watched and that is a lot of people's reality so seeing him come into his own is so beautiful and important.

7. "Coming Out" by Troye Sivan

I think this is the first coming out video I ever watched. I had been a huge fan of Troye and seeing him be his authentic self only heightened that. This video is pure and beautiful and I remember it being such a huge thing when it happened.

8. "Coming Out (Elle Mills Style)" by Elle Mills

Elle Mills is someone who has recently come out as bisexual and made one of my favorite videos on the platform. This video is light hearted at times and heavy at others but all in all is such a feel good video.

9. "I'm Bisexual - A Coming Out Song" by doddleoddle

This video was a breath of fresh air. It wasn't heavy it was such a cute little song for Dodie to clue her audience in on her sexuality Dodie is someone I've been a fan of for years so finding some other ground I could relate to her on was great.

10. "I Am Transgender" by Gigi Gorgeous

Unlike every other video on this list this wasn't coming out as a Gay or Bisexual, it was coming out as transgender. To say I'm proud of Gigi would be an understatement. She has been such a light in this world and since this video has lived 100% authentically and is changing lives everyday.