College Is The Time Of Your Life And The Time To Work Hard
College

You can have the best of both worlds.

102
"For what it's worth... it's never too late, or in my case too early, to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit. Start whenever you want. You can change or stay the same. There are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people who have a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of, and if you're not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again." — F. Scott Fitzgerald

Sitting and reflecting back on college thus far, I have realized that I have become busier and more involved within my university and community. I work three jobs and am involved in numerous clubs and organizations on campus. Most people do not understand how I have the time to be involved in so many things at once while taking eighteen hours of classes. I enjoy being involved as much as I am and would not change that despite how busy I can get.

My peers and friends often make comments about how I am not going out enough or doing the things a typical twenty almost twenty-one year old would do. But, I think everyone is at a different stage in their twenties. I enjoy going out and having fun with my friends, but I also enjoy working and being involved. I am beyond proud of where I am in my life and how far I have come since I entered into college. Where I was my freshman year and where I am now as a current senior are two very different places. While I am still the same ole me, my experiences thus far have really shaped me into the person I am today. I could not be more excited to see where the future takes me from here.

So to those of you going out and living it up, that's OK.

And those of you working constantly and get involved, that's OK too.

For those of you who do both, that's OK too.

The 'ultimate college experience" is different for everyone because every person is different and unique in their own ways. No one can really define how college should be lived and what you should experience while there. Sure, people can recommend things, but your time in college is ultimately up to you and what makes you feel best.

"While I was (in college) I was exposed to this world that I didn't know was possible." —Tom Hanks