To College Students Still Stuck In The High School Mentality, Drop The Attitude Already

Everyone matures at a different rate, but you really notice it when you are in college...

1349
Photo by rawpixel on Unsplash

Since I was young, I've been told that I am "mature beyond my years." I don't think that I have ever really noticed it that much until late high school/early college, though.

Very few of my friends growing up were where I was mentally. Unfortunately, a lot of them are still stuck in that high school mindset today.

If you're grown, you're unbothered by drama.

I see a lot of drama happening between a lot of the people my age, my question is, how? Why? I'm not talking about serious drama, I'm talking about the petty little things we all used to fight over in high school.

Girls, come on, it's time to drop the little b**** attitude and act like adults already.

WE ARE IN COLLEGE.

We shouldn't be shaming each other publicly, starting fights online and acting like high school mean girls anymore, that is not the move. It's extremely frustrating to be acting your age and the people around you can't even follow your conversations.

Girls can be mean, they judge judge judge no matter what, especially when they have their noses in the air like they're still snooty little high schoolers. It would just be nice for more girls my age to act like it and grow up.

You can't continue to live in the past if you want to better your present.

Guys aren't as petty as girls, but there are a lot of them who are subtly still trying to go back in time. I've noticed that it's easy to be "the man" in high school, popular, some might argue,"in your prime," but once that's over, they don't know how to act.

You go to college, you're just a freshman again, nobody really knows you, you aren't going to get the attention you used to.

The same thing happens with sports. I see a lot of dudes posting their highlights from high school and they're juniors in college, now I'm not hating here, I miss sports too.

What I'm trying to get at, though, is, OK, awesome, you were a baller, we get it. Now, if you miss it, get back out there!

Nothing is going to happen for you if you are sitting on the couch posting three year old videos of your touch downs on your story.

Everyone likes to reminisce on the past, and if high school was the best years of your life - so be it. All I'm saying is, you can do that without acting like you're a high schooler again.