Thoughts College Students Have When Enrolling For Classes

11 Thoughts All College Students Have During The Enrollment Process

No matter the stress level, we all experience these thoughts.

33

The second half of the semester is upon us, everyone. Not only are we swamped with essays and last-minute assignments, we now have the added stress of creating our schedules for the next semester.

In some cases, planning the next semester is a simple process that requires a few clicks. In other cases, this period of time feels as if your brain can no longer function and you are being pulled in so many different directions.

No matter the stress level, here are thoughts we all have during enrollment:

1. "There is no way it's time to enroll for the next semester already."

The week classes go live sneaks up on you so fast. You just got off of spring break and now you have to enter into the hell that is enrolling in classes for the next semester. There's nothing better than stressing over current schoolwork and your future schoolwork at the same time!

2. "Why is my advisor not advising me enough?!"

Live footage of me leaving an advising meeting.

It's your advisor's job to help guide you in the right direction, but half the time they don't even know what direction to point you towards. You can ask them a question about your potential schedule, and they will either give you an unassuming answer or just agree because it might get you out of their office.

3. "COURSES ARE NOT LIVE. THEY SAID THEY WOULD BE LIVE."

For those who like to plan, this is a nightmare. All you are doing is trying to plan your classes, but you can't because the university was a few days late with posting the classes.

4. "I'm stressed. I'm really, really stressed."

We're just going to act like nothing is happening and everything is all fine and dandy.

The whole process of making your schedule is a gruesome process that takes concentration and time - two things most college students don't have. Once you think you have your schedule planned out, you realize two classes overlap. Then you have to reconstruct your entire schedule and the process continues. Need I say more?

5. "I'm NOT taking an 8 a.m."

*avoids every 8 a.m. at all costs.* It's not that early classes are awful, they just aren't preferred. You will do everything in your power to avoid early morning classes.

6. "I'm going to go cry now that I have to take an 8 a.m."

Sometimes it doesn't work, but you have to do what you have to do.

7. "Please don't fill up. Please don't fill up. Please don't fill up."

When enrolling for certain classes, there's always the concern that they will fill up. Big general education classes are always the worst offenders in this situation. Sometimes you pray you can at least get on the waitlist if you didn't enroll in time, but other times you just have to wait another semester.

8. "How am I going to afford these textbooks?"

Not only do the classes cost thousands of dollars, but so can textbooks. The last thing you want to do is spend more money on materials you may not even use!

9. "I need to make sure I can fit my nap in somewhere."

Priorities, am I right? There always has to be enough time between classes for nap time. No nap time? Big problem.

10. "Of course this course is only offered at one time."

This is one of the most frustrating problems you can encounter. At this point, you have to revolve your entire schedule around this one class. In some moments, this can work out to your advantage, but most of the time it doesn't.

11. "I'm too far into college at this point, so I might as well continue to over-stress myself!"

There's really no turning back now, so you might as well just stress yourself out even more!

No matter what your enrollment situation might be this semester, I hope you have a stress-free enrollment process as much as possible. There are so many classes to take and a lot of time for you to take them. Take a deep breath and breathe. You can do it!