To The College Student Struggling.

To The College Student Struggling.

You aren’t alone in this fight!

25
To The College Student Struggling.
Siora Photography, Unsplash

I'm finding it harder and harder to be motivated while at college. As the semester goes on my courses are getting tougher. It's becoming more and more difficult each day to focus and properly study in order to succeed in my classes.

With this constant struggle I feel as if it's time to simply throw in the towel and give up. Questions like: why am I even here, what do I want out of life, why am I doing so poorly incertain classes, etc. All these questions swarm my head and I find myself overcome with stress and anxiety about failing college and not being able to succeed.

I don't want to let my parents down by doing bad in school. But, with all this constant negativity that's surrounding me it's hard to find any positives. It's hard to find any motivation to want to do better. I wish that the saying "college is the best years of your life," was true, but for me it's not. Between my classes not going well and constantly feeling alone and having no one to turn to while being away from my family makes it all seem pointless.

This void that i feel makes me want to give up entirely, but I made a promise to my family. I promised them that I would graduate college and not give up, so that is what I will do.

If you are struggling and finding college impossible and hard to handle like I am there are so many possible help opportunities for you. From counselors, to tuttors, advisors and more, there are people on your campus that are there to help students succeed and have a wonderful experience while at college. I know it might not seem like it could get better, trust me I know, but I truly believe that if we as an individual put in the time and effort to change how we go about college and our studying it can all turn out alright in the end.

Don't give up and throw in the towel, push yourself and believe in yourself that you can do anything you set your mind to!