A College Student's Life As Told By The Gilmore Girls

Lorelai and Rory Gilmore speak to me on a spiritual level, as they should for all college students.

582
Bustle
"If you're feeling frightened about what comes next, don't be. Embrace the uncertainty. Allow it to lead you places. Be brave as it challenges you to exercise both your heart and your mind as you create your own path toward happiness, don't waste time with regret. Spin wildly into your next action. Enjoy the present, each moment, as it comes; Because you'll never get another one quite like it. And if you should ever look up and find yourself lost, simply take a deep breath and start over. Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart... where your hope lives. You'll find your way again."
- Rory Gilmore

1. When class gets cancelled

I check my e-mail every morning before getting out of bed with the hope that by some miracle class is cancelled. Although I am not a huge fan of the snow, having a snow day makes my love for snow becomes so much greater.

2. Going to class looking like a hobo

Doing laundry in a dorm is close to impossible. Way too often I go down to the laundry room and find that there are no open washers and then decide that looking nice is not a necessity.

3. When you realize you watch way too much Netflix

When preparing for college I was so ready to experience new things. I was told so many times that I would go to so many crazy parties. Although I have nights I'll never forget, they are usually spent with a few close friends in my pajamas by 8:00. But there's nothing wrong with that.

4. When it's 2 a.m. and you remember that paper you haven't started yet is due at 8 a.m.

We have all forgotten about an assignment when we got a text from a friend asking how long it is. Although we easily can get done and still get a decent grade, it's never fun doing all the cramming.

5. COFFEE

I'm personally not a big coffee person, but all of my friends constantly have coffee mugs. All day long.

6. When your class is on the other side of campus

We've all registered for classes then looked at our schedule on the first day of classes and realized that we have to walk to the other side of campus for a class that we don't actually care about. Whether or not that class is actually worth going to will be the greatest contemplation of the year.

7. Needing two designated naps per day

I don't know about you, but I have a designated time for napping every day. And have found myself so worn out that I am in my pajamas by 8:00 pm most nights. Sleep is Bae.

8. When people ask you what you want to do after college

I mean, some people know exactly what they're doing after they graduate and what it is that their degree going to be used for. Then there's some of us who have no idea what we're eating for dinner that night, much less what we want to do for the rest of our lives. If you are the second person mentioned, just remember that is normal and there is no reason that you should know what you're doing. Be spontaneous.

9. When your friends want to order takeout

Whether it's pizza, Chinese, or even a McDonald's run - as long as it isn't from the dining hall I am all over that.

10. Stage one of finals week

Showing up in public looking like a hobo is okay during finals week. Everybody understands the struggle.

11. Stage two of finals week

Once realizing that there is no way to soak up any more information, food is always the best stress relief.

12. When the professor asks if anybody actually read the chapter

We have all been in class when the professor is answering his/her own questions and decides to ask if anybody read the textbook. It's a little tiring worrying about what the professor thinks, so eventually I decide to just laugh about it all.

13. When you talk to a cute boy

Some girls can talk to boys without an issue. Then there's girls like me... who not only talk to boys but make a fool out of themselves when they do. Just remember, that embarrassing yourself in front of a cute boy is necessary event to go through during your college years.

14. When you find yourself in an awkward silence

Although Sooki isn't actually a Gilmore, she nails this one spot on. If you ever find yourself sitting next to someone in class that you don't know, there's always one thing to bring up that will break the awkward silence. So thank you Trump for being helpful in at least one way.