20 Things Every College Kid Carries In Their Backpack

20 Random Things Every College Student Has In Their Backpack At Some Point

Taking a look into a college student's backpack can be like looking into Narnia sometimes.

91

College students are very busy people. Between class, clubs, extracurricular activities, and work, there is no saying when a college student will have time to themselves - unless they sacrifice one of the above for some "me-time". With that being said, a college student's backpack can be like Hermione Granger's never-ending bag and there are times when we will find some pretty interesting things that turn out to be the "norm" for all college students.

1. Headphones

Music will slowly integrate into every college student's life. Especially when studying at the library.

2. Deodorant

For those who go to universities with big campuses, there is a lot of walking. If you live in a hot state like California or Arizona, deodorant will always be needed.

3. Dry shampoo

If you are like me, you are always running late to morning classes. Dry shampoo comes in handy when you don't want to spend the extra 5 minutes in the shower washing and conditioning your hair. Believe me, saving that extra five minutes matters when participation points are on the line.

4. Food

Especially for those who commute to campus, there is always food in a college student's backpack. Whether that be a full meal or a snack to eat in class.

5. Gum

Gum is basically an essential now. If you don't have time to go back to your dorm in between classes, gum is a life saver with making sure that your breath always stays minty fresh!

6. Umbrella

At some point within your college career, you will carry an umbrella. When I moved to Arizona to go to school, I didn't think I would need one. . . and then monsoon season hit and I was going to school in pouring rain with no umbrella. Needless to say, now I am prepared.

7. Floss

This is like the gum. If you can't make it back to your dorm and you want to have a small snack, eat whatever you have in your backpack and then floss!

8. Portable charger

When you are at school all day, there is a good chance that your phone battery might die at some point. Carrying a portable charger will ensure that your phone doesn't die.

9. Extra clothes

We can't predict the weather. The weather people can barely predict the weather. Always packing an extra pair of shorts/pants or a sweater will be beneficial.

10. Blanket

It gets way too cold in the classrooms. Enough said.

11. Expo markers

For when you are studying a subject like math or science! These markers come in handy because they are easy to erase and good for tutoring.

12. Self-defense weapons

No, I do not mean guns. More like pepper spray or a swiss army knife! A lot of students that I have encountered over the years have one of these items or both.

13. Wrappers

Gum, food, receipts, basically any time you are not near a trash can, your backpack becomes the trash can.

14. Stapler

I carry a mini stapler and it definitely comes in handy for the professors that don't have one of their own.

15. Someone else's assignments

Having someone else's assignment in your backpack is so common. It has happened to me a bunch of times.

16. Beauty supplies

For the girls who are obsessed with looking their best; you know they will have an entire makeup selection in their backpacks.

17. Tide sticks

Never know when a spill will occur!

18. Condoms

This one is probably the most random one on this list but it has happened! I know many people who have found condoms in their backpacks whether it was theirs or someone else's.

19. All sorts of medication

If you are like me, you carry around a ton of medication because you never know what is going to happen. I carry allergy medication, Ibuprofen, and Midol.

20. Sunglasses

Whether you are going to use them to avoid having people know you are hungover or if you don't want the sun in your eyes. Sunglasses will become a part of your daily life.