10 Struggles All College Students Know

10 Struggles All College Students Know

Struggles that I won't have to deal with during Thanksgiving break.

33
10 Struggles All College Students Know

With Thanksgiving break quickly approaching, there are so many things that I am excited to do while I am off campus. Being home is so different than being in my dorm room. More space, more time alone and more time to relax. Here are ten things that I can’t wait to do at home that I cannot do while I am on campus.

1. Listen to music and watch tv without headphones.

I finally can watch tv and listen to music without having my headphones in. I always have to wear headphones now so I don’t bother my roommates. I cannot wait to blast my volume on full force and not have to worry about interrupting someone.

2. Sleep in my own bed.

I may have my own bed in my dorm room but it is inferior to my bed at home. I cannot wait to not have to climb up and down a ladder to get onto my bed. Also, I can’t wait to be able to move around without hitting my head off the ceiling or rolling off the bed.

3. Play with my dogs.

Why aren’t UNH dorms dog friendly? I miss my dogs so much. I can’t wait to see them!

4. Eat whatever I want, whenever.

I can eat whenever when I am at college, but I can’t wait to eat whatever I want, whenever I want. While on campus I don’t have a car, so I can’t go to places (like Panera) when I want them. I’m so sick of dining hall pizza and I want to eat real food again.

5. Use my own shower.

Communal showers are disgusting. There is no way around it, if you want to shower then that is your only option. We only have three showers on my floor and most of the time they are being used. I have gotten used to it, but it is still so weird wearing flip flops in the shower. I cannot wait to use my own shower and not have to wait for one to open up.

6. Use my own bathroom.

Going hand in hand with the communal showers are the communal bathrooms. I don’t know if all college bathrooms are like this, but mine is absolutely disgusting. People don’t flush, throw up on the floor, and leave food in the sinks. Its honestly so disgusting and I can’t wait to go home to my clean bathroom at home.

7. Utilize working Wi-Fi.

The Wi-Fi here is not as bad as I thought it would be. However, there are some days were it is either extremely slow or does not work at all.

8. Not getting ready in the dark.

I usually have to wake up before my roommates for class. I try really hard not to wake them up, but I have found that trying to get ready in the dark is really hard. I end up going to class with mascara on my cheeks and my shirt on backwards because I cannot see what I am doing.

9. Not having to struggle with laundry.

I live on the fourth floor. The laundry room is in the basement. If I want to do laundry, I have to drag my hamper and detergent down five flights of stairs. After I put in the wash, I have to go back up five flights of stairs. Then, once I have to put my clothes in the dryer, I go back down five flights of stairs. Then, I go back up five flights of stairs to my room. Once my clothes are dry I have to go back down five flights of stairs. Lastly, I have to climb back up five flights of stairs with my hamper again. Basically, I can’t wait to not climb Mount Everest just to do my laundry.

10. Not having to go to class.

I feel like I am always drowning in homework, papers and exams. I am so excited that I do not have to go to class for five days and can catch up on anything that I need to do. Whether that be homework or binge watching Netflix, I will finally have a little time to myself.