To My Very First And Very Best College Roommate

Thank you doesn't even begin to cover it.

501
Sarah Schwartz

Thank you.

Thank you for being here through thick and thin, and everything in between. Thank you for never giving up on me as a friend, and for proving time and time again how much you truly are here for me.

The transition to college wasn’t easy, and I didn’t expect it to be. In fact, I hardly knew what to expect at all. But through all the surprises, good or bad, I’m honored to have had you by my side the entire time. There were days where I’m sure you just wanted to be alone, where the world felt so against you that I bet you just wanted some silence and isolation.

Thank you for allowing me to bear my heart into yours, and for never making me feel like I shouldn’t be right next to you. I know not everyone is this lucky.

I know a lot of people barely see their roommates and are completely fine with that. But I’m on a different end of the spectrum. Days don’t pass where I don’t spend hours with you, and when they do, they feel strange.

I mean, those days where I see you in the morning and then not again until the end of the day always feel SO weird. I know this simple article could never express how much I truly appreciate you, but please always know that my college experience wouldn’t have been half of what it was without you.

I mean, how would I have survived without bonding with you about whatever the next door neighbors were doing, without getting sick together and subsequently experiencing death together? Not a day passes where I take for granted our friendship and my need for you to be in my life.

Not a morning passes where I don’t internally smile when I open my eyes and see you in the bed across from me, knowing that it’ll be another day full of memories.

Thank you for being the friend that I start to stress out about when you go to the bathroom and I don’t realize it and you aren’t standing next to me anymore. Thank you for being the light at the end of a dark day, for taking naps with me, and for eating your entire soul out with me.

This year has certainly been memorable, and though I’ve had some *interesting* solo moments, the moments that truly stand out are the ones I spent with you.

So I’ll end this by saying that sharing a room with you has certainly been a pleasure, but more than a pleasure it’s been an absolute honor to get to spend so much time with you.

You’ve certainly drilled a hole straight into my heart, and I can’t wait for the rest of our time together.