5 Things Everyone Feels During Midterms

5 Things Everyone Feels During Midterms

Midterms are upon us, papers are upon us, projects are due, and we are all in crisis mode.

184

1. I have SO much to do!!!!

Let's be real there are tons of things you have to do during midterms week, you have exams to study for, papers you have to write, social events that you have to attend for your activities on campus, and you're also trying to get enough sleep on top of it. Plus having a job on top of that can make things even more difficult. What is sleep? I really don't know.

2. Am I sick or just tired or is it both?

This time of the year is stressful, but it's also the time of year where EVERYONE is getting sick. Your roommate is sick, your brother is sick, your friends are sick, and you're just trying to get your vitamin c in so you don't end up sick. Also, I don't think I'm the only one who is just REALLY tired. Like the kind of tired where you're dragging yourself to go to class every morning and if you don't have some coffee you MAY die.

3. I am drowning in a pool of reading assignments.

I don't know about y'all, but being a communication major means A LOT OF READING. Like 100 pages a week with all your classes combined kind of reading. Actually, it could be more than that, I honestly have no idea at this point. I'm just trying to blindly get through midterms alive.

4. Should I be paying the library rent?

Oh, the library. I can't study anywhere else. I can't study at home because I associate my home with sleeping and watching endless amounts of Netflix, I can't study at coffee shops because of its SUPER DISTRACTING HEARING THE EXPRESSO MACHINE GOING, and I definitely can't study anywhere else. The past few weeks, I'm sure everyone has been locked away in their library hoping that all the hours they're putting in will be enough to get the grade you need. This week alone I've been to the library every day for at least three hours every night. I basically live here.

5. WHY are you not contributing to our project???

The dreaded group projects... and that one person who doesn't contribute anything to it. These people deserve awards for possibly being the worst person, ever. I can't stand the people who do this and expect the project to go well with such a lack of involvement. These people stress me out almost as much as midterms do.