If 16 College Majors Were "Spongebob Squarepants" Characters

Are you studying to be like Sandy or Mr. Krabs?

1556
Nick

“Spongebob Squarepants” is a true icon when it comes to cartoons. As the generation who grew up in the golden era of “Spongebob”, we all probably related to the characters at one point or another. Maybe we still do, because like college majors, each character has a unique trait that makes them Squidward, Plankton, Gary, or even Spongebob himself. So find out which character matches your major, and see just how accurate it may be.

1. Culinary Arts = Patrick Star

Patrick doesn’t kid around when it comes to food, and neither do Culinary Arts majors. But because they’re truly passionate about their fine taste, it makes perfect sense.

2. Arts (Visual/Performing) = Squidward

Despite critics always trying to push Squidward down, he never gives up on his dreams. Students majoring in the arts know how to block haters and how important it is to spread their art.

3. Engineering = Plankton

Plankton is very smart when it comes to technology, and he has a knack for finding new solutions for his goals. Even if he keeps failing, he’s extremely persistent, just like Engineering majors.

4. Computer Science = Karen

Well, it makes sense because she’s a computer, but Computer Science majors can be underappreciated at times. But Karen is always there when you need her and finds a solution when things go astray.

5. Accounting/Finance = Mr. Krabs

Finance and Accounting majors are good at saving and managing their money, so Mr. Krabs fits the bill. He’s also reliable and dedicated to his job, so you can always count on him.

6. Biology/Chemistry/Pre-med = Sandy

Sandy Cheeks fits really any science major; she’s smart, passionate about new discoveries and sticks with her gut even when others don’t believe her. She also cares a lot about her friends and humanity for that matter.

7. Business = Squilliam Fancyson

Squilliam knows how the system works when it comes to the world of business, so he is incredibly street smart and tactical. He would definitely be a Business major.

8. English/Literature = Gary

You can tell that Gary is more poetic and sophisticated than the other characters on “Spongebob.” Like English or Literature majors, he has an appreciation for the finer things in life.

9. Education = Mrs. Puff

Mrs. Puff has the patience and commitment to keep teaching her stubborn students. Education majors have that willingness to plow through the school year because they know it’ll all pay off in the end.

10. Exercise/Sport Sciences = Larry the Lobster

Larry is a true icon when it comes to fitness, so no wonder he’s an Exercise and Sport Science Major. He’s also very encouraging and good with people.

11. Fashion Design = Pearl

Pearl knows all of the latest trends and is incredibly creative. With a Fashion Design major, she has the freedom to let her ideas soar and go beyond from what people expect of her.

12. Criminology/Forensic Sciences = Mermaid Man & Barnacle Boy

True heroes, just like Criminology and Forensic Sciences majors. Their knowledge of the legal system and desire to bring justice is sometimes underappreciated, but it’s rewarding to know how much they make a difference in the world.

13. Communications/Journalism = Perch Perkins

He’s always on top of everything and engaging with the community. Journalism and Communication majors are also social butterflies, just like Perch Perkins.

14. History = Patchy the Pirate

History majors love to tell stories, just like Patchy the Pirate. He takes great pride and interest in all of his knowledge since he knows how much impact his work can create.

15. Linguistics (Or any Language major) = Doodlebob

The study of languages...and Doodlebob has such a way with words.

16. Undeclared = Spongebob

Spongebob is bright, enthusiastic, and is willing to try everything at least once. Undeclared majors use anything and everything to inspire them, and know that their passions will take them far in life.

From Your Site Articles