College In A Nutshell, As Told By Yik Yak

It's OK laptop, I too am at 0 percent.

21

Yik Yak: a place where college students are free to post their thoughts and feelings anonymously.

Whether or not this site has passed as a freshman year fad, you have to admit that the app is thoroughly entertaining because it's highly relatable content.

So, here's a compiled list of Yik Yak posts from various universities all over the country, all summarizing the epitome of college life:

“Thank you student loans for getting me through university, I don’t think I can ever repay you.”

“The real walk of shame is when you take all the mugs and plates you’ve been hoarding in your room down to the kitchen.”

“I had no idea we were millionaires until I saw my roommate rip off four paper towels at once.”

“The horrifying moment when you’re looking for an adult but then you realize that you are an adult. So you look for an older adult, someone successfully adulting. An adultier adult.”

“I’m to the point where I don’t even care that my foot is hanging off the end of my bed. Come get me demons I’m already in Hell.”

“When you get your burrito back and they didn’t fold it properly. And forgot the meat. And the beans. And the guac. And the tortilla. It’s made of paper. It’s your midterm. You failed.”

“Remember playing Mario kart and thinking you were in first place, then you realized you were looking at the wrong screen and crashing into walls? That’s university.”

“Might wake up and go for a morning class. Might win the lottery. Odds are about the same.”

“Sorry I can’t go out tonight, I have an essay to write. Not that I’m going to write the essay tonight but I ned to devote a certain amount of time to not doing an essay before I actually do it.”

“I haven’t checked my bank account in three weeks but my card hasn’t been declined yet so everything must be fine.”

“Sorry professor, the first backpack has already been zipped. There’s no stopping us now.”

“Study tip: Stand up. Stretch. Take a walk. Go to the airport. Get on a plane. Never return.”

“My GPA is so low that it might as well be wearing apple bottom jeans and boots with the fur.”

“Remember when you thought people in their twenties were adults? Now we’re all in our twenties just kind fumbling around, bumping into things and looking for food.”

“I woke up today thinking, wow I can’t wait to go to sleep tonight.”

“When a teacher asks, ‘So, any questions?’ and you sit there in silence because you don’t even know what you don’t know.”

“It’s been ‘one of those days’ for like, three years now.”

“If you can’t handle me at my finals week, you don’t deserve me at my syllabus week.”

“’I’m never drinking again!’—someone who will definitely drink again.”

“Seeing last semester’s professor is like seeing a one-night stand. Do I wave? Do I pretend not to see you? Do you regret it too?”

“I’ll only need a 413.7 percent on my next exam to get an A in the class!”

“Don’t worry laundry, nobody does me either.”

“I overslept and didn’t go to the gym. That’s three years in a row now. I’ll try again tomorrow.”

“Its okay laptop, I too am at zero percent.”

“I would be so productive if I didn’t need to sleep.”

“Student: Where can I get a copy of the syllabus? Professor: It’s in the syllabus.”

“College will make you do weird sh*t like setting an alarm for a 14 minute nap.”

“College students’ favorite words: free and optional.”

“I have class in four minutes and I’m in bed: a college memoir.”

Thanks, people of Yik Yak, for reminding me that I'm not the only one feeling this way. We're all in this together.