girl with baby fever in college

To The 19-Year-Old With 'Baby Fever,' Be Patient, Your Time Will Come

I would do anything to have a kid of my own, but I do realize that I myself am not prepared to have a kid.

119
https://unsplash.com/photos/5Mc7LRz71xk

I am pretty sure almost every girl has wanted a kid in their lifetime, but then they go around kids, they have "cured" their baby fever. Well for me that is completely different! I work with kids on a daily basis and want to take them home with me because I consider them my own. I want to be there for their first steps, first words, their first full night of sleep, them going to kindergarten, high school, or their first dance.

I love my kids and don't understand how other people can have their baby fever cured because I believe that when you have baby fever the only cure would be to actually have a baby. Babies are a wonderful gift and anybody would be lucky to have. I love watching my kids that I babysit grow up. Most of those kids have been in my life for almost 6 years and I would not be the loving and caring person that I am without them. I am sure that they have all gone through phases of not talking to me and it always broke my heart thinking that they might be growing too old for me, but most of them come back around.

I know so many people my age who are are pregnant or already have kids. I at times feel very jealous of them and wish that I could have their lives. I want to be the person caring for my own kid, dressing them in cute outfits, and watching them grow up in my own home. I would do anything to have a kid of my own, but I do realize that I myself am not prepared to have a kid. I am though prepared to have less of a social life, spend days and nights taking care of my own kid, and become a soccer mom (because I know that would happen). I know that I am 19 and have not finished college. I know that I want to become a teacher and get married before having a kid, but I have baby fever bad! I cannot wait until it is my time to have a kid. I know it will come in its own time, but sadly I will sit back and watch everybody else's kids grow up.