To My Past, Present And Future College Friends, Thank You

These four years would not be the same without you.

656
Unsplash

To all my college friends...

Thank you.

To the girl who was my first friend in college, even though we aren't as close anymore, thank you for the experience.

Thank you for taking on the brand new adventure of freshman year with me. Thank you for agreeing to all my ridiculous and spontaneous ideas like jumping in the lake even when though the weather says 40 degrees. Thank you for sticking by my side at every tailgate and willingly dancing like a maniac to "Mr. Brightside" with me.

Sometimes it makes me sad to think that things will never be quite the way that they once were, now that we are separated and now that you have a new college best friend. Nevertheless, I will always cherish the memories we made together, and I will still say hello every time I pass by you in the hallway or on the sidewalk during my walk to class. Just know that no matter the time or distance, you will always have a friend in me.

To my first guy friend, thank you for the wild times.

Thank you for your strange sense of humor that would always lighten the mood and make a bad day better. Thank you for calling me out on my occasional irrational girl drama scenes. Thank you for staying up with me until the sun came up at 6 a.m., just talking about silly things and telling stories of our hometown.

Even though things eventually got kind of awkward between us and now we avoid each other more than talk to each other, I still reminisce on the time we spent together, knowing that the first month of college would not have been the same without your friendship.

To my first tight-knit girl group, thank you for the unwavering support.

When I first joined a sorority, I was skeptical. I'd heard all the rumors, the horror stories and the snarky remarks from non-greek affiliated students claiming that joining a sorority was basically just a way to buy a bunch of fake friends to feature in your Instagram posts. All I can say from my personal experience is that there is nothing further from the truth.

Not only do we look insanely "ratchet" in most of the pictures we take together, but these girls are some of the most incredible and empowering females I've ever met. Never before in my life have I had a group of friends that were so willing to listen to my rants, pick me up when I'm feeling down, give me advice on situations ranging from boys to career paths and support any decisions and choices. I am beyond excited to see where my friendship with these incredible women continues to go.

Lastly, to all my future friends to come during my college experience, I might as well get a head start and say thank you already.

I know that each and every one of you will add something special to my four years at school here, whether you stay in my life for a long time or a little time. I can't wait to see all the fun we'll have. Between road trips filled with 80's karaoke, deep talks at cute cozy coffee shops, sleepovers, 2 a.m. trips to McDonald's and, of course, some risky/borderline stupid chances of fate, I know it's going to be one hell of a time.

I am also excited about all the things I have to learn from you and the ways in which you will help me grow as an individual for the future to come. So dearest friends(s), I cannot wait to meet you.

With that, thank you once again to all of my college friends, from the past, present and future.