Figuring out what to pack for college is no easy task — your small dorm room can only fit so much, and yet you don't want to find yourself scrambling later for that essential item you forgot to bring with you. So why not rely on the wisdom of the crowds to tell you what things you should bring to college with you? These are some of the items that "Odyssey" readers love buying on Amazon right now, and with 6 free months of Prime Student (and 50% off afterward), adding these to your cart is really a no-brainer.

We hope you enjoy these college must-haves we recommend. If you buy them, "Odyssey" may earn a portion of qualified sales. All items are in stock and reflect the correct price at the time of publication.

1. DecoBros Desk Supplies Organizer Caddy

Keep your desk organized so you have more space for your laptop and study books.

Review: "Just what I was looking for. I was looking for. Holds a good amount but isn't too big. Height is just right. I love the four divisions. I keep my pens and art supplies on one side, makeup brushes and eye pencils on the other." -Eula

Price: $9.87

2. LapGear MyDesk Lap Desk

Review: "I am really impressed with the LapGear MyDesk. It's lightweight and well designed. It fits comfortably in my lap and is very stable."-RusselC

Price: $19.99

3. Attmu Mesh Shower Caddy

Review: "This is a great shower tote. Perfect for a college student living in a dorm!" -Kkobes

Price: $9.99

4. PurSteam Mini Steamer

Review: "I WISH I had it when I lived in the dorms in college because it would have saved me from multiple days of wrinkled clothes in class. With the PurSteam, I get it, pour a little water in it, plug it in and then turn it on. In seconds, I have steam and within minutes, I have wrinkle free clothes! Get this, it will make your life easier and the price is a bargain for the value." -Denise C. H.

Price: $24.99

5. AmazonBasics 6-Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip

Review: "Good light duty surge protector for a reasonable price."

Price: $9.29

6. Echo Dot (2nd Generation) - Smart speaker with Alexa

Review: "It's a very useful gadget because there's such a wide variety of things we can ask Alexa to answer or tasks that she can do for us (eg: alarms/timers, calendar, ordering, weather)." -310EI

Price: $49.99

7. Command Picture Hanging Strips

Review: "I use these these strips for everything — literally everything. I've hung up about 3 light pictures using only two each and that's worked fine." -Sting

Price: $9.99

8. Fiskars Gel Pens

Review: "I have been trying numerous brands of gel pens. Having colored for a few years, I keep looking for my go-to gel pens. I find most brands are basically the same. Same quality, same ink. Some of the pens work well, some don't." -Nightshade

Price: $12.17

9. Dirt Devil Lightweight Corded Bagless Stick Vacuum

Review: "I don't move anywhere without this vacuum. I've used it for 3+ years and can definitely say it works as well or better than bigger, more powerful household vacuums -- as long as you regularly empty the dirt cup and give the filter inside a good rinsing." -Jane Z

Price: $24.98

10. Brita 20 Ounce Sport Water Bottle with 2 Filters

Review: "I have not had ANY problems with it leaking. The water bottle has been very easy to use." -Remedy

Price: $24.32

11. Ikea Frakta Storage Bag

Review: "Very large tote bags that hold a TON of items!! Not only are these perfect for me to take my clothes from one event to another but they will be perfect to store things in our basement in replacement of tubs!" -BrittanyJ0524

Price: $17.99

12. TW Lighting Desk Lamp with USB Port

Review: " I received my Lamp today and am very pleased with it! It's the perfect size for my office and is exactly what I needed." -Shannon & Jason Mears

Price: $11.53