5 Amazon Dorm Essentials That Saved Me As A New Student

These 5 Amazon Dorm Essentials Saved Me As A New College Student — Everyone Needs Them

I was a totally clueless Freshman, but these helped.

654

During quarantine, we all know that online shopping is a must, but did you ever think of all the amazing things that you can get off of Amazon for even better prices?

As an incoming freshman, I had absolutely no clue what I should get for college. So, I looked on Amazon! Here are some of my go-to Amazon products that I bought for college!

1. Mattress Topper

We all know how uncomfortable college dorm room mattresses are, so to be able to sleep at night, you definitely need to get a mattress topper. The LINENSPA 3 In Gel Infused Topper is what I swear by!

The memory foam is perfect to sleep on and the cooling gel feels so well on a warm night! Plus, it raises the bed by three inches, which is always nice!

2. Backpack

Finding a backpack that I liked was one of the hardest parts of shopping for college. So, of course, I went on Amazon and I found one that I believe is perfect! This backpack comes in two sizes, 15.6' and 17', for those that have different sized laptops. While the 17' only has three classic colors available, the 15.6' has more of a variety.

Each comes with three separate pockets and are made to fit a laptop. The best part? They each come with an external USB port so you never have to worry about losing charge!

3. Shelf Organizer

College dorms may not have the best space in the world, that is why a rolling organizer is a perfect addition to a dorm room! You can use it for almost everything and you can move it anywhere you need too to make more space.

Filling it with your books and then rolling it next to your bed so you can read or study is just on way to use this!

4. Lock Box

Some dorms may have a specific shelf that locks, others may not, but a lock box is a perfect way to make sure that your valuables are secure. You can use it to keep anything from money, health records, or even jewelry safe!

This lock box is small enough that you can keep it in a small drawer but it is big enough to hold important papers! It has a combination of three numbers to unlock it so you don't have to worry about hiding or even losing a key!

5. Shower Caddy Tote

Most freshman do not get their own personal bathroom, unless you get super lucky, so a shower caddy tote is a must have! The one with mesh is perfect for people who have loofahs, due to the fact that the water is able to trip out and it doesn't stay in the bottom of the bag.

It has multiple pockets on the side so you are able to bring everything you need with you in one trip. It also has handles that make it easier to carry and an inside pocket to hold a phone so it doesn't get wet!

Odyssey may earn a portion of purchases made via links on this page.