10 Dorm Room Trends This Year To Give Your College Pad A Glo-Up

Your dorm room is a place of studying, socializing, and sleeping; Make it shine!

1779

If you're anything like me, planning your dorm room is one of the most fun parts about moving back to college. This is your chance to make or break the vibes you get when laying on your bed studying or hanging out with friends on the floor on the weekend. Here are a few ideas of dorm room styles that you could style yours after! Make it your own, don't be afraid to mix and match, this is your space!

1. City Chic

https://unsplash.com/photos/WuQME0I_oZA

For the wannabe city girl (or guy), find a city skyline bedspread + some bold black and white patterns to complete the look!

2. Floral Fun

https://unsplash.com/photos/iqf-qO711ys

Plenty of Pink, floral patterns, and maybe just a little sherpa or fur will make your space feel like your own corner of Paris!

3. Cozy + Comfy

https://unsplash.com/search/photos/dorm

This room, complete with twinkle lights, sweater pillowcases, and just enough green, will let you feel calm and cozy, even on rainy days.

4. Mr. Modern

https://unsplash.com/photos/oTJ92KUXHls

Or Mrs. Modern! All you need for this room look is white + black furniture, a few prints, plenty of industrial modern looking accents, and maybe a pop of color!

5. Indie

https://unsplash.com/photos/GqbU78bdJFM

For this room look, use minimal pattern in large quantities, and rather, use a few bold patterns in small quantities. Try an accent pillow or a throw blanket!

6. Farmhouse Friendly

https://unsplash.com/photos/0h9LsnY13Hs

This one is perfect for our country gals! A nice soft patterned quilt, along with some wood accents and plenty of white will make for this cozy little room! Don't forget to bring old pictures and memories from home!

7. Collectors Corner

https://unsplash.com/photos/f6bKycd4UFc

For those of us who can't seem to get rid of old books, postcards, or pictures (no shame), this one is for you! Simply hang up all your old momentoes over your desk as reminders of how blessed you are! Keep the furniture simple so as not to distract from your keepsakes!

8. White + Bright, Clean + Green

https://unsplash.com/photos/HHWwqWV6d5k

This look is perfect for those of us who like a refreshing and uplifting room to walk back into. The white and natural greens are the perfect way to feel relaxed and ready to be productive after a long day!

9. Trippy Twinkles

https://unsplash.com/photos/UvGAzZU_fEg

Grab a bold-patterned comforter or maybe a tie-dyed tapestry and a disco ball to complete this look! A mirror and some plants might help to balance out the pops of pizzaz!

10. Bright + Bubbly

https://unsplash.com/photos/b_GtasP517U

Options are endless for this style. Run through Target and grab anything that catches your eye; floral, pink, pillows, sparkles, gold, glass, and more!