Why Class Registration In College Is The Worst

Especially if you're an underclassmen.

All college students (especially underclassmen) practically hold their breath until registration for classes is over. It's a frustrating time! It's something that all students will feel better about when it's all done.

1. Finding a Plan B, C, or D.

If Plan A fails, then so does Plan C, and D. It takes forever finding something that will work out. For. EVER!

2. Not getting the class or professor you wanted.

It may be the class or professor that everyone is talking about, and making you want to take... but you can't because you were too late. Now you're having to either wait for an opening, or wait another semester while finding something different.

3. It takes FOREVER to find an open class that captures your interest.

It's especially hard when you (or even your degree requirements) are so picky about what to take. Then when you see the name of a course that looks interesting to you, it's either all full or complicates with your current schedule.

4. Basically, your particular plan is ruined.

You create a schedule before you sign up; You get your hopes up before and after you wake up early on registration day, log onto your computer, enter your PIN number, and course numbers... and your hopes for at least ONE of those courses are dashed.

5. Your computer chooses this moment to be slow.

WHY now?!?! WHY?!?!? Isn't technology great?

There are some things that all students dread about registration (besides needing to get up early). Thankfully, the older you get, the better things become.