Now that the first semester is almost over, there are a few things all college students, even freshman, can relate to. Especially your average geek. Here is life as we know it as told the fandom universe.
1. When you get stuck behind someone walking slow.
Especially when you're late for class, we've all been there.
2. Starting the semester organized...
A brand new organizer and nice pens, what could go wrong?
3. Only to end up like this.
You probably got to busy to even use the organizer and lost all of your pens within a week.
4. That feeling when you submit an assignment online, five minutes before it's due.
When you write a paper in 15 minutes, only to have 30 seconds to spare before that deadline means you clearly have a guardian angel.
5. When someone steals your unassigned assigned seat.
I know you're not supposed to have assigned seats in college, but let's be honest, we really do.
6. Your face when someones asks to use the restroom.
Even in my fourth semester of college, this is still happening. Public service announcement: You don't have to ask.
7. What happens when you find out class is cancelled.
College is the only place you don't want what you pay for.
8. That feeling when you hand in an assignment you already know you did poorly on.
It happens at least every other week. You pull an all-nighter, or five, to finish a project, realize it's probably all wrong, but hand it in anyways because you just want it to be done with.
9. Your outfits by the end of the semester.
The fashion standards will start with a Lilly print and end at sweatpants that make sure you have no curves by the end of a semester.
10. The caffeine addiction that can only get worse.
It starts with one cup a day, but then we realize we need more to survive.
11. Seeing how much debt you have so far.
When you get those emails from Sallie Mae, don't even open them. Just file them away until you need to pay it all back.
12. Anytime someone gives you free food.
We're all broke. We've all almost run out of meal points. Free food is a blessing from God, or free anything really.
13. Not sleeping. Ever.
Three hours of sleep in 30 hours, bring it on.
14. Seeing your friends around campus.
Your friends are the ones you're going to need to keep you sane, so when you see them somewhere on campus, it's like a sigh of relief.
15. Two words from hell: Group work.
By group work, I mean that project no one helped you with, or did entirely wrong.
16. When you ask a question and the professor refuses to answer.
"It was in the reading..." is the answer that every student will get at least once.
17. Remembering it will all be worth it.
I'd like to think it will all be worth it. One day when I'm qualified, I will not be working in retail. I might even meet my husband on-campus. We'll all be able to know the feeling of "we did it" and it will all be OK.