7 Reasons Why Cold Weather is Superior to Warm Weather

I know it. You know it. Everybody knows it.

1558
stuffpoint.com

Okay first of all, if you do not like winter, you are wrong. Winter is a great season! Obviously not as great as fall, but nothing is, really. Plus I hear only the most amazing people are born in the winter *cough cough*

Anyway, unlike our president-elect, when I make a claim I actually back it up, so here are some reasons why cold weather (and winter in general) is superior to warm weather, other than "I know it. You know it. Everybody knows it."

1. You can always add more layers, but you cannot take off more clothes.

Plus, you get to wear winter accessories. Unless you're one of those people who complains about the cold but fails to dress properly for the weather. It constantly amazes me how many guys in basketball shorts and girls in flip-flops I see all throughout the winter. This is the Midwest: if you dress like you live in Arizona and it's the middle of January, you're going to be a bit uncomfortable.

2. Dress codes are easier to adhere to in the winter

Am I right, ladies? In the summer, it's a constant battle of wearing pants or skirts that meet length requirements and also don't make us feel like we are walking through the flame-lined streets of hell.

3. Humidity

Even thinking about it makes me want to move to Antarctica. If you live in a place where there is a dry heat, god bless. However, in the Midwest, if it feels like I'm walking into a sauna when I walk outside, it makes me want to say "nope" and go back inside to hide in the air conditioning until the weather cools down along with my temper.

4. Sweat.

Everywhere. Legs sticking to chairs. Oily faces ruining makeup. BOOB SWEAT.

5. Snow!

Untouched snow is beautiful, especially when the sun is shining on it and everything is glittering. In the summer, the only thing that shimmers is the mirage of hot pavement in the distance.It's obvious which option is superior.

6. Snuggling in a warm house in the winter.

Nothing is better than curling up with an animal, loved one, or even a nice body pillow with a warm beverage and a good book while snow is falling outside. Which leads me to my next point...

7. The entire season of winter is the perfect excuse to be a homebody.

Oh no, it snowed three feet and you can't leave your house for the next three days? Darn. Guess I'll just have to binge watch Netflix and ignore all social interaction for awhile. That's definitely not what I was going to do anyway.Will I regret writing this article in two months when I'm walking to class in sub-zero temperatures? Definitely. As for now, I'll remember the stinky, sweaty, sticky season of summer with dread and enjoy the cold for Christmas.