For the last few years now, I've developed quite an obsession with coffee and would say that I've gradually become a coffee addict. However, an addiction to coffee is not a bad thing. Actually, there are a lot of perks to being a coffee drinker:
1. Picking Out A New Coffee Creamer Is An Exciting Event
With flavors like "frosted sugar cookie" and "chocolate toffee truffle", how can you not be pumped about getting to the refrigerated section of the grocery store?
2. Just Thinking About Coffee Makes You Happy
Some might say that "money can't buy happiness", but I doubt that they have ever tried coffee.
3. Drinking Coffee Out Of Your Favorite Mug On A Slow Weekend Morning Is The Best Feeling
Whether you're curling up with a good book or bingeing on Netflix, lazy mornings are made even better with a good cup of coffee.
4. Buying New K-Cups Is Something You Look Forward To
There are approximately a thousand different flavors to chose from, and as result, there is something for everyone and there is always the chance to change things up. Variety is the spice of life, after all.
5. You Have An Impressive Collection Of Mugs
Feel free to add this to your resume. A coffee mug collection is something that all employers look for in job applicants.
6. The Sweet Caffeine Of Coffee Helps You Survive The Mornings
When you look around during your 8 am class, you smirk when you see some people falling asleep in their seats - I bet those people didn't drink any coffee. Luckily for you, your dose of caffeine will prevent you from taking a nap - well, at least in this class.
7. You Find Solace In Coffee Shops
Coffee shops are paradise for those that love coffee for many reasons. First, they serve coffee. Second, they smell of coffee. Third, they are filled with fellow coffee addicts. Need I go on?
8. Making Coffee Is Sometimes Your Main Motivator For Getting Out Of Bed
Why feel the need to put your alarm on the other side of the room when you can just think about taking that first sip of delicious coffee?
9. You Know The Starbucks Menu Intimately
This is always a good life skill to have.
10. The Smell Of Coffee Awakens Your Soul
Some people love the smell of freshly mown grass or their favorite perfume. But the aroma of coffee can rival both of these, and a regular coffee drinker is able to experience this scent every day.
11. You See The Beauty In Latte Art
Your Instagram account features an abundance of beautiful cups of coffee, and this is something to be praised. No one gets likes on a bottle of Gatorade.
12. With Coffee In Your System, You Feel Like You Can Handle Anything
The world is yours with the power of coffee coursing through your veins. You can walk through fire. You can accomplish your wildest dreams. You can maybe get through the without experiencing a mental breakdown. You are invincible.
As you can see, there are definitely perks to being a regular coffee drinker. Ignore the tea drinkers and the ones that swear off caffeine. Be proud of your coffee addiction.