I Spent $98.58 On Coffee In 2017 And Now I'm Depresso
popular

I just need to stay away from Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts.

2884
Flickr

2017 was definitely a year for me where I basically lived off caffeine.

I had a lot of early mornings at work and class. And then there was that 2 PM crash that I experienced pretty much every day and would need a little pick me up. In the moment of buying coffee, I don't ever think about much I'm actually spending on it.

Now that I have gone through my bank account and seen how I've actually spent is a little scary. I didn't realize I had been spending waaaaay too much money on coffee over the course of a year. I mean, that's $100 I could've used on something far more important like a bill. Or groceries. Do I regret buying all that coffee though? Nope, it was worth every penny. Does seeing how much I spent make me a little depresso? Absolutely.

It's just so easy to get access to really good coffee. Granted, I could make my own at home, but who wants to use a coffee maker that spits out grinds? Plus, I feel like I can NEVER get my coffee just the way I want it. I can never go wrong with my caramel macchiato from Starbucks or my caramel ice coffee with cream and sugar from Dunkin' Donuts, they're just too good.

SEE ALSO: 11 Drinks College Girls Walk Around Campus With As Part Of Their Own Brand

Not that I'm going to leave Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts coffee in 2017, but for 2018, I will definitely be spending less on coffee and try to work more on perfecting my coffee at home with a new coffee machine.

My advice on this kind of guilty pleasure, try to not give into your craving for Starbucks or DD. Think about the other things that are more important for you to spend your money on. It's okay to treat yourself every once in a while, just maybe not every day? When it's time for Christmas or your birthday, ask for gift cards to Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts or wherever your favorite coffee place is.

Look up different, yummy coffee drinks you can make at home to spice up for life and keep money in your pocket in the end.