You Mean You're Mixing Wine & Coffee?!

You Mean You're Mixing Wine & Coffee?!

The aroma of coffee and delicious taste of wine mixed together. It's better than you think...

91
Coffee & Wine mixed together

Red Wine and Coffee – The Ultimate Combo or Not?

Mixing Coffee and WIne, is it good?

It's weirder than it sounds...

Red wine and coffee – two of the most common and enjoyable vices known to man. Ask anyone to list their greatest cravings and we're willing to bet that either coffee or red wine will unapologetically pop up. Very few drinks attract as much attention for their complexity as coffee and red wine.

From obtaining raw materials in highly specific regions to following delicate processing techniques, making these beverages is comparable to an art form. Now, if you had to pick between a glass of red wine or a mug of coffee, where would your loyalty lie? According to one company – Apothic Wines – you don't have to choose. They claim that coffee and red wine can be combined, giving you a taste of both worlds. Awesome, right?

We know mixing coffee-infused red wine sounds a bit odd (we also had our doubts), but reserve your judgment until after you've tasted the drink. This where coffee aficionados with their florid descriptions meet wine enthusiasts. If you're curious about how this combination gels together, read on as we highlight the tasting notes and health benefits of coffee-infused red wine.

Flavor Profile and Tasting Notes

Coffee and red wine have complex tasting notes on their own. So when you blend the two flavors, the outcome should be something familiar yet entirely new for your palate.

The Apothic wine boasts of a mocha undertone, hints of toasted oak, and fruity notes as a reminiscence to the ingredients. Using cold-brewed coffee helps in minimizing the bitterness and acidity of the combo for a smoother brew to caress your taste buds. Still not convinced? Then consider what your body stands to gain from coffee-infused red wine.

Sure, wine and coffee might be a potent mix of caffeine and alcohol – but they also bring their combined health benefits to the table. Case in point, both coffee and wine are touted to contain antioxidant properties that help protect the body from free radicals, which are associated with aging, an increased risk of developing cancer, and generally poor health.

Willing to Try Something New

Are you ready to change the way you consume alcohol? Apothic wine has an interesting idea to infuse red wine with coffee. The drink offers some of the most unique flavors that appeal to both red wine and coffee aficionados. But if you're expecting an extra electrifying buzz from the combo, you'll be disappointed because the wine has a considerably low caffeine content.

Yearning for some of this action? Make sure you use Wine Wipes/ Pearly Wipes to keep your teeth from staining... I get mine from Target. What's even more interesting about this style, is that it can be implemented at your favorite coffee shops, and will definitely make them stand out. Just ask the guys at Coffee Wingmen, they help coffee shops with attaining new customers. If you're not drinking wine & coffee on your night out, are you really making the most of your drink choices?