Let's Face It, Coconut Oil Should Be Called 'Super Oil' Because That's Exactly What It Is

I use coconut oil so much, it might as well be running through my veins.

Ipsita
Ipsita
432

Since I was five, I remember my mom using coconut oil for almost everything! My hair, my skin, my food, you name it, my mom had a way to involve coconut oil. My dad, being in the government, had the opportunity of living in the southern parts of India, where coconut oil has massive significance. His friendship with the people down there ensured an endless supply of coconut oil, even when we moved back to the north.

Over the years, I have seen my family use coconut oil for so many things. How could I not share this valuable information with others?

1. In cooking!

sizzling-food

A lot of south Indian dishes see the use of coconut oil and not only for flavor. If used in moderation in terms of usage as a cooking oil, coconut oil can be very good for health. It increases the "good" HDL cholesterol levels in the body.

Some studies also show that it can aid weight loss!

2. For your skin!

Coconut oil is antibacterial, antifungal, and moisturizing. It has made my skin so much better! Simply using it as a moisturizer for all the dry areas is so helpful—from cracked lips to parched skin to annoying cuticles and dry feet, coconut oil makes your skin super soft! Mixing some crushed sugar in coconut oil makes a great scrub—one that exfoliates yet leaves your skin moisturized!

Coconut oil can also be used as a makeup remover, and it works like magic! Ditch those expensive makeup-remover wipes and buy yourself a bottle of virgin coconut oil!

It is also great as a shaving cream. It moisturizes the skin and allows blades to easily glide. It can be used for almost all body parts! In my opinion, coconut oil is so much better than any shaving cream I have ever used!

3. For your hair!

silky-smooth-hair

Coconut oil has done wonders for my dry, damaged hair! It can be used as an alternative to harsh serums that are full of chemicals. Using coconut oil is a great way to tame frizz and nourish your hair with the much-needed oil that is washed away by shampoo. Applying coconut oil overnight deep-conditions your hair, leaving it silky smooth after a wash. It is also used to treat dandruff and aids hair growth!

Since I was a baby, my mom has used coconut oil as a detangler. It is extremely gentle and has no chemicals attached to it.

Coconut oil can also be used as a base for hair coloring.

4. For your teeth and more!

Smile!

Oil pulling! Also known as "kavala" or "gundusha," it is an Ayurvedic method of cleaning teeth. Just take one scoop of coconut oil and keep it in your mouth for 20-30 minutes. It sounds gross, but it has helped many people overcome bad breath and unhealthy gums. Before you try this, read a little more about it to make sure you get the best results!

Coconut oil has lauric acid, which has antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties. As a result, coconut oil can be used to fight infections. This is also why it is used in oil-pulling.

This property of coconut oil and its ability to cling to makeup particles is made use of in cleaning makeup brushes!

In case, I haven't mentioned this before, coconut oil works like magic for almost anything!