Cockapoos are becoming an increasingly popular dog breed and for good reason. This breed is typically a mix of a Miniature Poodle and a Cocker Spaniel. These curly-haired dogs are sure to win your heart over! Don't believe me? Check out all of the reasons why Cockapoos are the best pets EVER.
1. Cockapoos do not shed.
Cockapoos don't shed almost at all, so they must have haircuts on occasion (typically two times a year). It is well worth not having to vacuum your house multiple times a day to get rid of dog hair!
2. Cockapoos aren't afraid to get in the water.
Obviously this excludes bathtime, because who wants to be clean anyway? But they sure love to run in ponds or lakes and cool off in the summer!
3. Cockapoos are the perfect-sized lap dog.
Not too small, not too big. Most Cockapoos tend to be between 15-25 pounds of pure love.
4. Cockapoos do not need to be brushed on a daily basis.
No shedding hair... no need to brush them, so long as their hair is not at a length that gets tangled easily .
5. Cockapoos are fast learners.
My 13-year-old Cockapoos are both still able to learn new tricks. They've both been trained to roll-over, sit, lay down, "speak", and jump through someone's arms. Not only are they super trainable, but Cockapoos are also sneaky and can learn how to open doors or cabinets to retrieve something they want!
6. Cockapoos are very loyal to their owners.
Like most dogs, Cockapoos are a very loyal breed!
7. Cockapoos come in all shapes and sizes.
Thick, thin, different fur colors including white, black, chestnut, and many other variations!
8. Cockapoos tend to be fairly laid back.
Some dogs are constantly moving and wanting to play, but Cockapoos tend to have a calmer demeanor. For example, one of my Cockapoos will play with toys, and the other wants nothing to do with them.
9. Cockapoos aren't so small that you'll step on them every two seconds.
You have to admit, small dogs are a tripping hazard. At least most Cockapoos are large enough to see when they are at your feet.
10. Cockapoos look cute in any outfit they wear.
This is just a bonus, they just look so darn cute if you put them in a sweater for the holidays!
11. Cockapoos have unique personalities.
Though many Cockapoos share common characteristics, if you've met one Cockapoo, you've only met one Cockapoo.
12. Cockapoos are total cuddle-bugs.
These are the cuddlers you've always dreamed of!