Clown Riot: Cross it Off the Bucket List

Why not get involved in a little Sunday riot?

47
funnybonz.com

As a college student, an unbelievable amount of firsts occur during your freshman year. Many expected, like joining a sorority or going to your first tailgate. However, there are some unexpected ones as well, like being apart of a thousand student riot to chase a clown that may or may not exist/may or may not be a fraternity pledge.

It all began when I was studying in the library with a friend and a video of a clown outside someone's building was being sent around. Being young and adventurous college students, we decided to venture out and see what was going on, which is when we learned we weren't alone. Groups of 4-5 kids were spread out trying to find this clown with 3 cops monitoring the area. We walked to no avail until we unexpectedly turned a corner and saw hundreds of kids running towards the entrance of our building complex. When we got to the curb there were hundreds of our peers chanting and screaming and within minutes we were all sprinting again through campus. My friend lost both of her shoes and I was running with a package I had just picked up. Amidst the thousands of students, we saw kids climbing onto telephone poles, into trees, up buildings, all chanting for Penn State and encouraging what was shaping into a riot. Bats and brooms were used to hit the clown, if he was ever seen. After, approximately an hour everyone, I guess just out of boredom, turned around and casually walked home as if nothing had occurred at all.

The point of the personal anecdote is that you never know where you'll be or what you'll be doing on any given night of college, but make the most of it all. I know so many people that stayed home because they didn't feel like experiencing the peculiarity of a clown chase, but those are the times that you will remember. So get out of bed, stop studying, and chase a clown every now and then because those are the distinct firsts that your certain to remember far past your adolescent years.