Classic Childhood Movies

Classic Childhood Movies

Act like a kid again and read up and then watch

187
Classic Childhood Movies
TechnoBuffalo

As children, movies are very important and one can argue they really shape who we are as people. Media consumed as a child especially sticks with us the older we get. Our favorite movies as children often hold major sentimental value for us, we can quote them at the drop of a hat, still love the characters, and always will sit down and watch it if it's on. Here are a couple of movies that are especially near and dear to my heart.

"The Iron Giant"

If you grew up with this movie, it undoubtedly made you cry. I mean, how could it not? Also, the fact that it's been untouched by sequels is another reason it's stayed so pure.

"Hercules"

Hercules? More like Hunk-ules!! This classic Disney film takes Greek mythology and makes it really, really cool (which it is to beginning with, but this is way cooler). Complete with songs that everyone still knows, "Hercules" is still a favorite.

"Space Jam"

Enough said. Come on and slam and welcome to the jam.

"An American Tail"

Another movie that made me cry (there's a lot). A story about a little Russian immigrant mouse getting lost from his family and having adventures in New York City.

Now there's plenty of more movies I love from my childhood, but these particularly stick out in my mind. Perhaps it's the songs, or the characters, or even the messages behind them. Ultimately, we all have movies that stick out from our childhood that all hold a very special meaning to us. I encourage you to look back on those childhood and sit down sometime soon and rewatch all your favorites and remember why they mean so much to you. Happy watching!